Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Just Because Meme

1. Make a list of 5 things you can see without getting up.
My laptop, Beast's laptop, Sparky's laptop, the CD tower, and the ceiling fan (out of a possible thousand or so possibilities--this room is CLUTTERED).
2. How do you style your hair? How often do you cut it?
I keep it a little longer than shoulder length on purpose so I'm not locked into one style. Some days it's down, some days it's braided, some days it's knotted, some days it's pony-tailed. I get bored easily with hair. It gets trimmed and colored every 5-6 weeks.
3. What are you wearing now?
My orange pajamas. And a couch throw over my legs, because Beast really does like to set the a/c about 5 degrees cooler than I'm comfortable.
4. What's your occupation? Do you like it?
I love my job. I work in a medium-sized public library and do most of the cataloging and classifying of the new materials. Plus, I get to do reference once in awhile which is rarely boring and frequently VERY entertaining.
5. When was the last time that you took a nap? Was there a special reason?
I tried to take a nap earlier this week and ended up not sleeping. I can sleep all winter, but for some reason in the warmer months, it's harder for me to nap.
6. Who was the last person you hugged romantically?
Uh, well, Beast, since he's pretty much the ONLY person I hug "romantically."
8. What was the last full meal that you ate?
An Italian beef sandwich, pasta salad, and strawberries at Beth's last night.
9. What was the last email that you received?
It's a update from a forum a friend belongs to, which I never read. I should probably just delete the auto-mail.
10. What one website do you always visit when you go online?
Google Reader, Blogger, Gmail and Facebook all open when I click on the browser here at home. At work, Jango, OCLC Connexion, our staff homepage, and our catalog open when I open my browser.
11. What was the last significant thing you bought?
Food for today's meal: brats, buns, potato salad, chips, strawberries, and apple juice.
12. What musical artist did you not get at first, but then became a fan?
I never really got Fleetwood Mac when they were popular in the '70s, but I've come to appreciate them as an adult.
13. What do you think about before you go to bed last night?
A few minutes ago I said to Beast, "I remember going upstairs, and I remember doing a crossword, briefly, before going to sleep. What I don't remember is changing into pajamas and washing my face--the intermediate 'getting ready for bed' stuff." I think I was close to asleep on my feet for the last hour of my day.
14. What was the last CD you bought?
46664, part 3. Eventually, I'd like to have all three parts.
15. What is your favorite weather, and why? What's the weather like today?
Hot and dry and sunny, with no bugs. I think we've got hot today, but it's rarely dry here, and the bugs are starting to appear already. sigh...
16. If you could have a special artistic talent, what would it be?
I just remembered the dream I was having when I woke up this morning: I was in high school, trying to get from class to class and for some reason my second period class was "Painting" and I couldn't figure out WHY I had decided to take an art class instead of a music class.... So, to answer the question, I guess my subconscious wants me to take a painting class.
17. Did you watch the Idol 9 finale? If yes, what are your thoughts?
I have never watched a complete episode of AI. Not my thing. I guess, in a vague sense, I'm glad a "local boy" won, but I really don't care.
18. What's something you'd like to say to someone right now?
"Go.Feed.Your.Pet. NOW!" OK, actually I did just say that.
19. Any special plans for this (holiday in the States) weekend?
FIL is coming over today. We had two graduation parties to attend yesterday. Tomorrow is pretty much Sit Around Day, though Sparky will be marching in the parade with his school band.
20. Besides your current S/O, who was the last person that you loved romantically?
I'm too old to remember stuff like this. Seriously, it's been over 25 years.

5 sweet-talkers :

Hootin Anni said...

LOL...I'm laughing at myself here, not you. 'Cause I first read that you were in jammies and had the couch THROWN over your legs. Had to re-read it. Duh...and I'm blond too!! Figures.


Here is my Stealing if you'd like to stop by for a visit.

Kwizgiver said...

I had to Google 46664 because I knew it sounded familiar but I couldn't remember how I knew it. I didn't realize they had a musical celebration of Mandella. I'll have to check it out.

Cat. said...

Anni: It would be very warm under the couch. Also, dusty. :-) lol

KW: It's a great concert, really to benefit AIDS prevention, with a funny bit with Geldof at one point.

I am Harriet said...

I'm the same way with my hair :)

Have a great weekend.

http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/05/its-all-the-email-rage/
Join us for Monday Mayhem

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Sounds like a great meal. My invite to it must have got lost in the mail... ;) Happy MDW!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.