Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Question Meme

01) Are you currently in a serious relationship?
O.M.F.G.! I so hate this question. I . am . in . literally . dozens . of . serious . relationships. Some of them are also humorous relationships. Some of my relationships are lame-ass in the extreme. If you mean "Are you dating someone, or married, or living with someone?" would you just ASK that?
02) What was your dream growing up?
I wanted to be grown-up. Silly me. I remember wishing I could work the cash register at the grocery store, one that had buttons very similar to this. Seeing this picture actually causes a visceral response in me that's pretty freaky. Man, those checkers were something else...sigh.
03) What talent do you wish you had?
Beast can tie cherry stems into knots with his tongue. Not that I want to do that, but it's cool. I'd prefer to be able to remember prices of things for comparison shopping; the numbers, they just don't stick in my head. At all.
04) If I bought you a drink what would it be?
Well, if you bought it, it would be what you bought, and I'm not sure I'd drink it. I'd probably prefer an unopened bottle of water, till I find out who you are.
05) Favorite vegetable?
Beans. So versatile.
06) What was the last book you read?
The last one I finished was Connie Willis' latest, Blackout. I'm currently reading 3 other books, all of which are mysteries...this is not good. The plot points are all blurring together a bit.
07) What zodiac sign are you?
I am scorpion, feel me sting.
08) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where.
"Explain"?? My earlobes are pierced, once each. You do know where earlobes are, right, or do I seriously need to explain that?
09) Worst Habit?
Hmmm, I'd say...killing people. Oh, wait: MY worst habit?? Biting my nails and cuticles, or possibly it's my literal-mindedness.
10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?
Nope. Seeing as how I don't know you, and my mom warned me repeatedly about picking up strangers on the side of the road.
11) What is your favorite sport?
Another multiple offender. I like to watch lots of sports. I don't play any, unless you consider Full Contact Youth Group Spoons a sport. (you should)
12) Do you have a Pessimistic or Optimistic attitude?
One of them at any given time, except for when I just don't care. I used to lean positive all the time, but that tendency has decreased considerably.
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
Call for help. Don't take it personally: I'd call for help even if I knew you. Presumably my cell would work. If not, most elevators nowadays have phones in them for this purpose. On the other hand, I'm having a "Live Free or Die Hard" moment and picturing Lucy McClane in the elevator talking to Thomas Gabriel...{{shudder}} Nevermind. She was alone in the elevator, so that doesn't really apply to this situation, since we're stuck in there together. Random.
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you?
Getting stuck in a random loop in the middle of a meme.
15) Tell me one weird fact about you.
We'll go with the old stand-by: I can sing the alphabet backwards only slightly slower than most people do it forwards.
16) Do you have any pets?
Just Beast, Sparky and Ruka.
17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?
Seriously, do I know you?? Or rather, do YOU think you know me?
18) What was your first impression of me?
That you ask lame questions, which hasn't yet been displaced, though the growing thought that you are fixated on me is disturbing me quite a bit right now.
19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
Generally, I like clowns. Some just act really stupid/creepy though.
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
It would be lovely to have my 25-year-old body back....
21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
From what I gathered of you, you are sorely in need of a conscience. The crime thing you may have pretty well nailed.
22) What color eyes do you have?
...thus proving you really don't know me... They are hazel.
23) Ever been arrested?
Not nearly as many times as you probably have.
24) Bottle or can soda?
With you around, I'm sticking to a bottle with a screw-top lid. Generally, though, I'm not overly fussy. I even use a glass--GASP!--sometimes!
25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
Pay the taxes, put the rest aside for Sparky's college fund.
26) What's your favorite place to hang out at?
Here. Church. Work. Really, I'm fucking boring. I like J-pea's for lunch, but is that an actual hangout?
27) Do you believe in ghosts?
...sigh...too complicated to explain. Short version: no-ish.
28) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Well, it used to be meme, but this one is sorta scaring me. I also like to read and do puzzles. See above re boring.
29) Do you swear a lot?
Hell no. Who the fuck do you think I am anyway?!
30) Biggest pet peeve?
lol People who swear a lot. OK, really, its ppl who use txtspk in email bc theyr 2 lzy 2 type rite. The sm ppl usu use lol alot 2.
31) In one word, how would you describe yourself?
"Snarky" is the first thing that comes to mind this morning.
32) Do you believe/appreciate romance?
Nope. I appreciate honesty, kindness, and caring, however.
33) Favorite and least favorite food?
So, seriously, you really don't know me after all, do you? I mean, even people who only know me through this site know this. Perhaps because this is yet another example of Lame-Assitude on your part. Go, search the site and find out if you're so freakin' interested in my food preferences!
34) Do you believe in God?
I do.
35) Will you join us this week for Wednesday Wickedness? (Bud has on a mission to make this Wednesday's most popular meme. Please play this week so I can stop promoting it.)
I do play, but I swear-to-God...didn't this start out as Wednesday Weirdness? Or am I losing my mind? In any case, I'm playing already, jeez! :-)

5 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I thought it was Weirdness too. And I promise never to plug the sucker again. I'm done with it... :()

Cat. said...

Oh, don't be DONE! It's great!

Hootin Anni said...

I love that retort for the ear lobes!! Great.

My S S is here, if you'd like to visit with me and haven't today.

I am Harriet said...

Some people never make it to grown up do they. Loved the cash register memory.


Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/05/entrecard-malware-was-that-what-it-was/

Kwizgiver said...

Wow, I had a flashback when I saw the cash register keyboard (is that what it's called??). My sisters and I would play with my grandfather's adding machine and it looked like that.

Love your snarkiness today.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.