Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Your Smiling Face

1. No matter what's going on in your life, what always makes you smile?
Sunshine. Baby giggles. Puns.
2. What's the biggest lie you've ever told?
Oh hell, I don't know. I've told the same lies so many times that they have to count for something big, right? Like, "I'd love to do that!" "I'm fine. How are you?"
3. Do you hold a grudge?
I have a good long-term memory, but in the general sense, I'm ok with letting go of grudges. There are a couple of stand-out exceptions, however....
4. What is the worst job you've ever had?
I temped one summer during college, and one of the assignments I was sent to involved sitting at a desk and not being allowed to do anything. Finally, just before closing time, they let me do about 15 minutes of basic filing. The sense I got was that they were afraid I'd fuck things up and would rather pay me to touch nothing. Little did they know. Their loss. I wrote 2 or 3 long letters to friends while I sat there, bored out of my mind.
5. What would be your dream job?
My current job, minus the annoyances of course.
6. What is the happiest event you've experienced?
My former boss's wedding was the best ever. There was maturity and joy and silliness everywhere.
7. What is the saddest thing you've experienced?
Nathanael. Babies shouldn't die.
8. Do you tend to exaggerate or underestimate?
I try hard not to exaggerate verbally because I know I'm prone to it. On the other hand, I'd always rather have too much (paint for the walls, food for a party, whatever) instead of not enough.
9. List the cars that you have owned. Give us just a few words about each one.
I guess the Pinto counts, though I sort of 'inherited' it when I married Beast. lol It was a Pinto. 'nuf said, I think. Then we had a Chevy Monza. Trust me, it was a step DOWN from the Pinto.
Traded that in for the Toyota pickup. Loved that truck. It was pure awesome. First new vehicle we bought as a couple.
At some point we bought a Dodge Omni. Cute car, ridiculous to think it was big enough for us at that point in our lives.
...which is why we traded it in for a minivan when Sparky was born. I hated that damn thing, but it kept us going for the first 6 or 7 years of parenthood.
At some point, we bought a Honda Accord to sort of replace the truck because it was falling apart. Literally rusting apart. The dude backing into the side of it didn't help either. We eventually sold it to a friend's teenage son. Weird to see it tooling around town for awhile before he moved somewhere else, or killed it, or it fell into a pile of rust. Anyway, loveloveLOVE the Honda!
And then we bought a Ford Ranger (pickup) to replace the minivan because I fucking hated it and had a temper tantrum about it. We had fixed about every system in that van at least once: AC, doors, heat, you name it. Stupid van. Stupid Chrysler. Never, ever, again.
We still own the Honda and the Ranger after 10+ years, although Beast now drives a company car because of his job, so Sparky has taken de facto ownership of the Honda since he got his license.

1 sweet-talkers :

I am Harriet said...

Being a temp can really suck. Good thing it usually pays well.

Enjoy your weekend!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/see-told-ya-so-were-overweight-due-to-a-scientific-reason/

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.