Saturday, February 20, 2010

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Rules

1. Be honest: what are some rules you have for yourself that don’t really make much sense?
Well, there's the whole thing about splitting my food in half so that I chew on each side of my mouth equally...but that may just be OCD. Other than that, I can't think of anything; at this point in my life, if something doesn't 'work' for (or make sense to) me, I've pretty much eliminated it from my life.
2. What rules of questionable sense did your parents have for you when you were young?
No shorts before summer, no jeans at school, change clothes after school (even if I was just sitting inside reading or watching TV), eat everything on my plate (and take a little bit of everything on the table), clean my room every Saturday morning, etc. Some of these I 'get' a little more clearly as an adult, but at the time these were the big ones that I remember.
3. What’s a rule most people (if not all people) seem never to obey?
Normally, I'd say the speed limit, but I've been behind some people this week who can't even seem to achieve the minimum posted speed! So, I'll go with being responsible for themselves, not foisting the blame for bad things on others.
4. There are no rules governing the giving and receiving of Valentine’s Day gifts, but what rules should there be?
I kind of like what Joy Behar said on The View last week: men give women Valentine's gifts, and that's all. ;-) OK, seriously, I think this is something that each couple needs to be very clear about with one another. I don't mind getting practical gifts, but apparently some women would be furious if they received a toaster or a snow shovel instead of diamonds. I say, whatEVer.
5. If the Golden Rule says you should do unto others as you’d have others do unto you, what would the Silver and Bronze rules say?
"Don't be stupid." "Clean up your own messes."

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.