Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Queen's Meme

(Link in meme-roll)
Come On Baby, Light My Fire!

1. Which historical figure do you admire the most? Why?
Well, Jesus comes to mind, for obvious (I think?) reasons.
2. Name the band or artist you'd like to see live in concert before you leave the planet or tell us about a concert or album that has already rocked your world.
U2 gives good rock. I'd love to see Prince or Melissa Etheridge in concert, too.
3. What's your favorite television show or series of all time? Why should I care?
Oh, hell, I dunno. I do love Bewitched, though. I have no idea why you'd care.
4. Movies! I am so behind on the movie scene. What should I watch this weekend? Should I watch it alone or with someone?
If you think you're behind, you should be living my life! I haven't seen a movie in a theater since Star Trek last summer. Before that I think it was Speed Racer in the spring of '08. You are totally on your own here.
5. You are hopping on a plane tomorrow morning. Where did you choose to go and why?
Mexico. It's warm, it's affordable, the sun shines there in January, and I'm not coming home till spring. January is kicking my butt.
6. Who is your favorite author? What about their writing inspires you or simply entertains you? Recommend at least one book that you feel I must read.
I love Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series. It's manic and mind-bending word- and book-play. What should you read? What kind of books do you like? What was the last good book you read? This is my job, after all, so I'm not likely to just randomly thrust a book at you with the vague threat that "YOU'LL LOVE IT!"
7. Hobbies and passions. What brings you joy in your spare time? How did you get into it?
Well, this. I used to scrapbook, but then I got so overwhelmed that I gave up. I also read, do some needlework of various kinds, and do puzzles.

1 sweet-talkers :

Mimi Lenox said...

Several folks said U2 today. Scrapbooking is fun but lots of mess! It takes dedication to finish what you start on the page and lots more time than I have right now.

I'd like to go someplace warm as well!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.