Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Queen's Meme

(Link in blogroll)
The Ex Files

1. When is the last time someone did something EXtra-special for you?
I am fortunate to live with someone who does super stuff for me/us almost daily. Last night, he paid the bills and balanced the books. I know, it sounds boring, but it means I don't have to. He also spent his afternoon chatting with the DirecTV guy while we were having new cable run in the house for our Christmas present to each other. This meant I could disappear upstairs and be 100% asocial. I don't take these sorts of things for granted.
2. Name oneEXciting thing that happens in your life daily.
Breathing isn't very exciting, but it happens everyday. So far.
3. Tell us the good, the bad and the uglies of your online EXperiences.
The good: all the fun people I've met online, the speed with which certain things can be accomplished that used to take weeks, the general techy/geeky feeling of learning new things regularly.
The bad: all the stupid that has accrued on the internet. Hoaxes, worms/viruses/bugs, bad pr0n, political ranting, conspiracy theories, and so forth.
The uglies: Bad pr0n (lol), people's 'disconnect' from social mores and general decent behavior online, MySpace (and other) pages that bring about epilepsy, and the stress of keeping up with everything online.
4. What makes an ordinary day EXtraordinary and EXceptional?
Paying attention to the little moments of joy helps a lot: watching the sky, noticing the goats and horses and cows on my way into town, listening to the giggles of children, allowing oneself a moment of contentment. Also, getting things accomplished.
5. Name one embarrassing incident you had to EXplain to your mother when you were a child.
Well, there was the time I lost the ring she'd given me. And the time I ditched two weeks' worth of swim lessons only to have the teacher rat me out. And the time I backed into another car while driving hers. I don't actually remember anything "embarrassing" just a lot of stupid behavior on my part that I had to fess up to.
6. If you could FedEX yourself anywhere in the world, where would you go?
How long am I planning to stay there? I'd really go almost anywhere if it's a brief stay. For more lengthy stays, I'm thinking Ydra, Ouray, Moosehead Lake, Puerto Vallarta, San Diego, or anyplace else warm and sunny and responsibility-free.
7. Who would you like to EXray and why?
It's too early for me to be snarky, and I can't think of anyone whose bones are particularly enchanting, so...no one.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.