Sunday, December 20, 2009

Patrick's Place

(Link in blogroll)
Sunday 7

Name the seven most memorable news photographs (by number) from the list of 50 linked [here].
  1. 2--Still as shocking now as it was the day I saw it in the newspaper. Absolutely terrifying.
  2. 5--This is not the image that is burned into my memory, but it's the closest one of that horrible day.
  3. 8--She and her sisters are why we're fighting in Afghanistan. I try to remember that.
  4. 20--Amazing, unreal, beautiful. There was some of that this decade.
  5. 36--This one brings so many questions to my mind, and again the look of terror on this little guy's face is heartbreaking.
  6. 40--About freakin' time!
  7. 42--So many pictures of refugees include mothers and children. I don't remember too many fathers and children. Certainly not a father so fiercely determined.
I automatically excluded anything with Bush, anything inane (sports, Paris Hilton--wtf??--etc.), and couldn't bring myself to link to any of the blocked ones, although I looked at them all. I will be having nightmares about #33, and some of the others I didn't choose as well.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.