Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday Thunks

(Link in blogroll)
October almost Halloweenth

1. So Halloween is this weekend, if you haven't heard. Are you gonna open your doors up or not?
Yup. Gotta get some candy, and punkins yet. Cuz, yeah, I am the fricking biggest procrastinator EVER!!
2. You better open 'em cuz I'm coming... what are you putting in my treat bag?
I don't even remember what I bought. Almond Joy? Something I don't like anyway.
3. Since October is the bestest month for television (well for cable & dish subscribers it is) and there is a horror movie on at any given time of the day - are you sick of them yet?
I don't watch horror movies. Ever. Except Psycho.
4. Which one of those movies can you watch over & over again?
plock (See above)
5. Tell us about a Halloween scare you've had....
The worst Halloween was the one when Sparky upset his lower g.i. tract at some point and didn't quite make it into the Room of Requirement in his mad dash from trick-or-treating down the street to our house.... YUCK.
6. Did you watch the old Casper cartoons when you were a youngin? Well, back then they weren't old I suppose, but I'm sure you still understand my question.
Yes, I did, actually. They confused me because my sister lived in Casper (WY) at the time. I even had a Casper card game.
7. Have you ever found a four-leaf clover?
Nope. Not for lack of looking, either.
8. Haunted Houses... you know, the kinds you pay to get in and they chase you with chainsaws and severed heads.... do you like 'em?
I have enjoyed staffing them in the past. I'm not a big fan of being terrified, in case you didn't figure that out already.
9. Do you use cute cartoon type wrapping paper for Christmas presents or the not cutesy paper? Or are you one of those gift card and/or gift bag people?
I am HUGELY anti-cute. I do like cards and gift bags, but I don't mind using sensible (i.e. uncute) paper for normal-shaped items.
10. How long do boiled eggs need to stay in the boiling water before they become hard boiled eggs?
15 minutes. And then dump them carefully into ice-cold water for at least 15 more minutes.
11. Jason is coming in through your front door... Freddy is coming through your back door... zombies are at every window of the house and Norman Bates is calling to invite you to dinner... what do you do?
This question made me burble with laughter: Jason comes in our house ALL THE TIME; he lives behind us.

But OK, to answer the question, I'd call 911.
12. Did you know that the scariest part of Halloween is giving all of your Reeses Peanut Butter Cups away?
...and that's why I don't even buy them to start with...
13a. If you were to play a part of a haunted house (not the ghosts in the attic kind), what would you want to be?
I've played a decapitation victim, and an undead person in a coffin. The decapitation part was hard cuz I had to scream over and over. The undead thing was great for my abs: I basically had to keep doing sit-ups over and over as I "rose from the grave" but it was really cold lying on the ground in October.
13b. Have you ever played a part in a haunted house?
Ayup.
14. If Thursday Thunks had a Halloween party, what do you think Kimber & Berleen would come dressed as?
No clue. Something goofy, I'd bet. :-P
15. Do you cook a turkey for Thanksgiving?
Yes I do.
16. Have you ever read a book that scared the pants off of you?
Yes, a few of them. The one that springs to mind immediately is "Gerald's Game."
17. What's the predicted high temperature for today?
I think it made it to the low 50s.
18. Have you ever howled at the moon?
Uh, maybe? I did a lot of weird things as a kid.
19. You are in an alley and a werewolf and a vampire are coming at you - one of them has to win. Which one do you want to bite you?
I don't believe in either, so I'd just pinch myself and wake up.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.