Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday Stealing

(Link in blogroll)
A Fall Meme

It’s not really fall in until...
the leaves are all turning colors, and falling down.
What did you need to do in the waning days of summer for it to feel complete?
Sweat. It has been a very cool summer, which sucked.
A person I know was wrong for me but about whom I frequently thought after a break-up was...
non-existent. I'm assuming "thought about" means more than just that, but also "wishing things were different." The relationships prior to Beast had served their purpose and waned by the time they officially ended. There was some angst over the Kens, though. Yes, I dated (or 'dated' in one case) two guys named Ken within a year. It was ... interesting, considering they also sorta looked alike. But futureless situations.
If you could only attend one major sporting event what would it be?
First of all, it would absolutely require a skybox and super-special transpo arrangements, but I'm going with a Super Bowl. However, it's really likely that, assuming we get the Olympics in a few years, that I will volunteer around that.
Assuming that you write an anonymous or partially anonymous blog, by what non-physically identifying characteristics might you be identified in a bar?
Well, it's physically-identifying, but I turn bright red whenever I drink even just a few sips of alcohol. Pale, thin skin. I also laugh, really loudly, and often. Otherwise, I suppose there aren't a lot of women drinking Stoli on the rocks with a twist, either.
Most blogs cover some sort of niche – personal, political, dating, culinary, etc. What topic, if any, would you like to address on your blog but doesn’t fit into your niche?
I run the gamut, though mostly not particularly serious. I'm not sure there's anything I want to cover that I wouldn't or haven't.
If you could manipulate the time space continuum and give as many as three pieces of advice to a younger version of yourself, what advice would you give and to what age of you?
"Do the right thing." (age 27) "Get over yourself." (age ...oh, virtually any time) "Don't sell yourself short. Ever." (age 12)
Who among your friends do you really wish had a blog because their stories, or perspective on something ought to be shared?
Beast. Technically, he does have a blog, but he never writes on it.
If you were to take an e-cation (vacation from the trappings of our electronic world,) and assuming that employment obligations would allow it, how long of a break could you take? What would you miss the most, the least?
I've done 6 days recently. I could do a few weeks, once I got over the first couple of days of withdrawal from constant updating on Fb and Twitter.
On September 11th of this year, I attended a couple of parties and was somewhat conflicted by the fact that this ignoble anniversary shall pass with it being just another day in the eyes of many (and in some ways my own eyes as well.) Thoughts?
Oh, brother. Did you feel sad the last time there was a party scheduled on December 7, too? Or April 19? How about October 23? (If you don't know why I picked any of those dates, perhaps you should do some research, eh?) There has probably been something horrific happen on every date of the calendar. I think if you are connected personally with them--had a family member involved, for instance--it's worth setting time aside. Which is why I take time on November 5 and 19 and December 4, 5 and 27, and now June 30 to wallow a bit. I work with someone whose wedding anniversary is September 11 (in the 80s); is she supposed to stop celebrating??
How high are your walls? Who was the last person to scale them? What tools should would-be climbers have on their belt?
Heh. Answering any of these questions would defeat the purpose of having walls in the first place. Move along; nothing to see here.
The sexiest thing a man or a woman can say to you (or has said to you) is:
...not going to be repeated here. See previous question.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.