Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saturday 9

(Link in blogroll)
Rain

1. What do you typically like to do on a rainy day?
Stay inside, watch the rain fall, nap, read. Lots of the napping thing.
2. Tell us about the last time you did something you later regretted, that you can share with us.
I said something Tuesday to my former boss that I probably should have phrased better about how the workplace has been since she left. I can't think of anything else major. I have minor regrets on a pretty regular basis.
3. I recently got an email from a lover from a very long time ago. I was asked "Have all your dreams come true?" If it were you and it was from someone you remember fondly, how would you answer the question?
"Yes." And I'd completely leave it at that. Frankly, the timing of a question like this couldn't possibly be worse.
4. If you had a job interview and was asked, "If you were an animal, what kind would you be (other than human?)" How would you answer that question.
If this was a serious question at a job interview, I'd have to rethink my interest in the job. No way I'd answer this. [If it weren't a job interview: wolf.]
5. Do you think it is a good idea to share with a new lover stories of your past lovers?
I think it's a horrible idea except in the very abstract.
6. When do you think it is permissible or even important to lie?
When telling the truth is hurtful and can't be phrased in a tactful, helpful way.
7. What was the last thing you did that you never thought you would?
Helped my mother die peacefully. Peacefully for both of us (that's the "I never thought..." part). And all legal, before anyone calls the cops on me, k?
8. What is one important lesson that you learned from your mother?
Strength of will is critical for getting anywhere in this world. And for getting the fuck OUT of this world, too.
9. What is one important lesson that you learned from your father?
"Life isn't fair." He never said, "Get over it" but the idea was certainly implied.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.