Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Queen's Meme

(Link in blogroll)
The Cooking Meme (What Is The Meaning of Thyme and Other Deep Questions)

1. If you could put thyme in a bottle, what is the first thing that you'd like to do?
Make a nice casserole. It's all I know what to do with my thyme.
2. Do eggs really crack or do they merely have a nervous breakdown?
I'm thinking nervous breakdown....
3. Why are you whipping the butter? What did it ever do to you?
I don't whip butter. I buy it pre-whipped. Yes, I definitely hire out the whipping. ;-)
4. Do your spoons spoon in the drawer? Have you ever noticed? And more importantly, if wooden spoons spoon do they get splinters?
Yes, the silverware does. It annoys me. The wooden spoons don't belong in drawers in my house. They are standing together on the countertop, drawer-less. And they rarely spoon; the spatulas in the crock keep them honest.
5. You hear: "Dumpling, my Dumpling, come hither." The candles are lit, the fondue is dipping, the Godiva is pouring, the scallions are steaming and the music is playing.....but wait, the windows are open. Why did you close them?
Don't want to overheat the neighborhood, do we?
6. Do you need a recipe to cook or are you a bohemian chef? Show us your reckless and wild side in the kitchen. Don't have one? Here's a recipe I made just for you: You will need a spatula, a whisk, a gallon of Chardonnay, a banana and a rump roast. What is the name of your dish?
A banana and a rump roast?? Sounds sorta hinky; glad there is alcohol involved, though I'd think a little whiskey might be a little more useful. I think I'll call for Chinese instead.
7. After dinner, the dishes are so dirty that the dishwasher refuses to wash them. What did they say to get in hot water.
If they got in hot enough water, they may not need washing anyway. {shrug}
8. Is your pot black?
THERE. IS. NO. POT. IN. MY. HOUSE.
9. What is the sexiest spice or condiment in your cabinet? What makes it so?
Nutmeg. She's got a cute litle label.
10. How much crock is really in your crock pot?
Quite a lot, but only in the winter.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.