Saturday, July 25, 2009

Alternate Saturday 6

(Link in blogroll)
Landscapes

1. What’s the highest mountain you have ever climbed or walked up?
Uh...I grew up hiking around the mountains in Colorado, but I never did an intentional "mountain climb" per se. Was certainly up over timberline several times, but never started at sea level (inside joke). So, climbing to the top of Big Squaw Mountain in Maine would probably be the highest climb from base to top and back.
2. What is the biggest desert that you have been to?
I was in the Gobi Desert in January 1985. It was weird: basically looked like Wyoming, with camels. And colder than you would believe a desert could be!
3. What’s the biggest lake that you have ever visited?
Baikal. Same trip as the Gobi.
4. Where is the smallest island you have ever visited?
Ydra, and I'd go back in a heartbeat.
5. What’s the densest forest that you have ever been into?
Maine definitely wins this one for me. The woods in the norther part of the state are simply unbelievable. As far as the eye can see, even from the top of a mountain or an airplane: nothing but trees.
6. Out of all the cities that you have visited what is your favourite and why?
I adore London. I don't know why, but that place just makes me happy. I also love Denver (of course), Inverness, and Florence.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.