Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday 9

(Link in blogroll)
Hot Fun in the Summertime

1. Is summer your favorite season? Why?
I love summer if there is low or nonexistent humidity. If it's humid, I'll hold out for fall.
2. Do you exercise more in the summer because you wear less clothing?
I probably exercise less because of the heat.
3. Do you enjoy tanning or are you more concerned about the dangers of basking in the sun?
I don't have any interest in tanning anymore, and one of the reasons is that I spent way too many years baking and burning. It's just not my thing, not with my whale white skin and tendency toward freckling.
4. You are on the beach when a waiter appears for your drink order. What do you ask for?
If I'm on the beach and there are waiters taking orders, I'll have a TQ Sunrise.
5. Do you camp in the summertime?
I do NOT camp. Perish the thought!
6. What was your favorite summer vacation as a kid?
It pretty much has to be the default one: when I was 14 I went with my parents to England for three weeks. That's the only lengthy vacation I remember, and really it was a visit to see family, which is what all our vacations were growing up.

Actually, my very favorite time was the first time my parents went to England, and I went to stay with another sister for 5 weeks. She was 4ish months pregnant and had a 2-year-old son, so I sorta 'babysat' but mostly read Hardy Boys mysteries, drank diet Pepsi, and wandered through the cemetary near their house. The summer was delightful and slow and I had a wonderful time.
7. Do you enjoy sleeping outdoors?
Am not a fan of bugs. And I require a good mattress. In short, no.
8. Do you throw a summer barbecue every year?
I almost never throw food. ;-) We're tentatively planning a Big Do this year, but mostly we have smaller ones throughout the warm weather for whoever is around.
9. Have you ever been to a nude beach? If yes, what did you think?
No. And frankly, I'd rather camp outside all summer than have that experience.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.