Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Stealing

(Link in blogroll)
The 40 Meme

1. My uncle once : walked with me through a field of wildflowers. There's a picture to prove it, but I was only 2 or 3 and don't remember it.

2. Never in my life : would I have thought I'd be excited about a prom!

3. When I was seventeen : I only had another year of living at home.

4. High School was : a lot more interesting in hindsight than in the moment.

5. I will never forget : the day Sparky was born.

6. I once met : "Ned Ryerson."

7. There’s this girl I know who : reminds me a great deal of myself at her age. That's not necessarily a compliment.

8. Once, at a bar : I almost threw up into my drink.

9. By noon, I’m usually : well over half done with the day. I wish.

10. Last night : I should not have worn my winter jammies.

11. If only I had : started keeping track of the books I've read when I was a child....

12. Next time I go to gym/church : is tonight. [I don't think I've EVER heard anyone conflate gym and church into one place. Weird.]

13. Susan Boyle : has an amazing, untrained, voice. Would that she got some training, she would blow the world away.

14. What worries me most : will not likely ever be in print.

15. When I turn my head left, I see : the table at the end of the couch, with various items on it: book on it's face, two used Kleenex, a pen, a button, nail clippers, my watch, two coaster, two cans of pop (one empty), scratch paper and a note about an upcoming concert/fundraiser for Sparky's school.

16. When I turn my head right, I see : the rest of the couch, including Sparky, a box of Kleenex, a container of almonds (mostly empty), a blanket, Sparky's notebook and some other stuff, buried.

17. You know I’m lying when : I like to think most people can't tell. In the general sense, I probably just told something wildly exaggerated.

18. What I miss most about the eighties : Elf boots.

19. If I was a character in Shakespeare, I’d be : Kate.

20. By this time next year : I'll know if my new boss is a keeper.

21. A better name for me would be : Jo. I've always been partial to it.

22. I have a hard time understanding : anything until I see it in print.

23. If I ever go back to school, I’ll : study ancient Greek.

24. You know I like you if : volunteer to spend extra time with you.

25. If I ever won an award, the first person I’d thank would be : a non-person: God.

26. When I compare 80’s rock to 90’s rock : I'm grateful that the synthesizer disappeared.

27. Take my advice, never : say never.

28. My ideal breakfast is : toasted bread products.

29. A song I love, but do not own is : "The Lovely Lady of Shady Lane"

30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest : a tour of the downtown area (I'm assuming my 'hometown' is nearby rather than the one in which I grew up).

31. My favorite Beatle is : dead.

32. Why won’t people : pull their heads out of their butts?

33. If you spend the night at my house : the squeaking bed frame may drive you crazy.

34. I’d stop my wedding for : an emergency. Duh.

35. The world could do without : more selfish people.

36. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than : eat a live octopus.

37. My favorite blonde is : ash.

38: Paper clips are more useful than : glue.

39. If I do anything well, it’s : alphabetizing. [My first answer was "...a miracle" but that's cuz I'm half asleep.]

40. And by the way : I think I saw this meme on Alison's site a few weeks ago. Apparently, thievery is running amok.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.