Saturday, March 21, 2009

Steps

Swiped from Amy's Fb

STEP ONE:
Spell your name with songs. [Yes, I'm cheating by doing this here. Deal! I'm making up for it by using only one band, though.]

City of Blinding Lights
An Cat Dubh
Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World

Angel of Harlem

Love Rescue Me
One
Gloria
Even Better Than the Real Thing
Running to Stand Still

STEP TWO:

Name: Cat.
Birthday: Mid-November
Nickname: Mom
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Brown with ash and red, and increasiingly more silver, highlights
Zodiac Sign: Scorp

STEP THREE:

The shoes you wore today: Blue suede-y sandals.
Your weaknesses: babies, sugar, temper
Your fear(s): failure and being found out
Your perfect pizza: ...has to have Canadian bacon on it. Can NOT have fruit of any kind on it.
Goal you’d like to achieve: Know when it's time to go.

STEP FOUR:

Your best physical feature: I used to hate my hair. I love it now.
Your bedtime: I shoot for 10ish, which tends to be optimistic.
Most missed memory: My sister Ellen.

STEP FIVE:
This Or That…


Pepsi or Coke: Regular Coke, Diet Pepsi.
McDonald’s or Burger King: McD's, primarily because I usually only go there for breakfast and I don't love BK's breakfast choices. Except the Cinna-minis, but that's why I shouldn't be there.
Adidas or Nike: Neither, really. I have never had Adidas, had Nikes in college, and bought whatever's on sale since then.
Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Like Amy before me, I am a tea snob, which is odd since I was raised on Nestea.
Chocolate or Vanilla: Vanilla. As little chocolate as possible.
Cappuccino or coffee: Water. Or nothing.

STEP SIX:
Do You…


Smoke: Nope. I steam sometimes, but the smoking has been toned down.
Curse: Fuck yeah!
Sing: Yup. Not too much in public, except at church (during the hymns, duh).
Dance: No. Much to my constant chagrin.
Take a shower everyday: Shower or bath, yes.
Have a crush: Nope. Emphatically not. Not even the one I probably should have, not right now. Putz.
Do you think you’ve been in love? Yes, to my current chagrin.
Want to go to college: Only to drop off Sparky.
Like(d) high school: I did, I think. Memory has a distinct ability to twist reality though.
Want to get married: I'm not currently an advocate.
Get motion sickness: Only in cars and buses. Trains and planes, I'm fine.
Think you’re attractive: Who knows.
Think you’re a health freak: I couldn't even do a passable impression of one anymore.
Get along with your parents: ...plock...

STEP SEVEN:
In the past month…


Gone to the mall: Nope.
Eaten an entire box of Oreos: YUCK. I've never done that.
Eaten sushi: No.
Been on stage: Not performing.
Gone skating: No way.
Made homemade cookies: I almost never make cookies.
Gone skinny-dipping: Nope. I'm not that stupid.
Stolen anything: Other peoples' time.

STEP EIGHT:
Ever…


Played a game that required removal of clothing: Yes.
If so, was it mixed company: Undoubtedly...
Flashed anyone: Yup.
Been beaten up: Yup.
Shoplifted: Yup

STEP NINE:

Age you hope to be married: plock
Number of children: I only want the one. Good thing innit? It's a trick wanting what you got.
Describe your dream wedding: Courthouse. LONG honeymoon in a warm place with great food and service.
What country would you most like to visit? Australia. But not on a honeymoon, thx.

STEP TEN:
In the opposite sex…


Best eye color: No color is a deal-breaker. Or a deal-maker for that matter.
Best hair color: I seem to go for the brunettes in general.
Short hair or long hair: Cared-for. Can you tell I'm living with someone with NO FUCKING CLUE about his hair??
Height: I'm picky here: has to be close to 6 feet or taller.

STEP ELEVEN:

Number of people I could trust with my life: More than I actually would, I hope. I can only think of three or four I would.
Number of CDs that I own: I'm sure we own less than 200 as a family, unless you count Amy's mixtapes in which case... :-P
Number of tattoos: I got nada.
Number of piercings: Two. Dos. Due. Zwei.



Personal Quiz

Who were you with yesterday? Me mostly. Beast and Sparky in the evening.
What woke you up this morning? I was hungry.
Where are you? On the sofa.
Is tomorrow going to be a good day? I've given up trying to predict.
Do you like anybody? I'm feeling like I need some time in a cave alone right now.

THE PAST

Ever thrown up in public? In a public restroom, yes. At school, too, come to think of it. NOT surrounded by loads of people, any of those times, thank God.
Passed out because of alcohol? Uh, yeah.
What’s on your mind RIGHT NOW? Taking a bath.

THE FUTURE

What kind of home would you like? The one I have, except with service staff.
What do you want to be when you grow up? Grown up through and through.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Older, grayer, and childfree (most of the time)

IN GENERAL

Do you like candy necklaces? I'd rather have good candy, with no string.
When was the last time you fell over or ran into something? Tripped over the cord to the new laptop this morning. Duh. It's a fairly common event, this sort of thing.
Do you listen to music every day? I try to, and I can tell when I've gone too many days without.
Do you still go trick or treating? Not.
What was the last thing you ate? Cashews.
Are you a fast typer? I can type fast, yesh.
What’s your favorite type of soda? DDP
Have you ever moved? I predicate my life on moving as little as possible, which sort of explains my weight issues.
Have you ever won an award? Yes, but not for awhile. And that's fine.
Are you listening to music right now? Kinda. Mythbusters is on, and there is occasional music.
How long ’till your birthday? 8 months.
When were you the saddest in your whole life? ...plock...
What time is it? 9:51 p.m.
Do you use eBay to buy or sell? Neither. I use it to laugh, if anything.
Who makes you mad? Sparky, rude/thoughtless people, people who mess with my friends....
Have you ever heard a song written about you? I don't think there is one. Thank goodness.
Something you want to happen in 2009? A vacation.
Summer 2009? Hot. Please?
Honestly, do you miss 2008? Hell NO! It was a bad year. They all seem to suck lately.

HONESTY SECTION

Honestly, what color is your underwear? I've got the mysterious gray on today.
Honestly, what's on your mind? Discouragement over not feeling as well as I did earlier, and worry about Mom.
Honestly, what are you doing right now? ...this...?
Honestly, have you done something bad today? I'm sure I have. I dunno. Don't care, neither.
Honestly, who is the last person you talked to on the phone? Beast? Yesterday? Maybe?
Honestly, are you jealous of someone right now? Nope: CBA.
Honestly, what makes you mad most of the time? I'm most often angry with myself and my reactions.
Honestly, do you bite your nails? Those that are not broken by stupid behavior.
Honestly, have you had an eating disorder? No. Unless you count mainlining sourpatch kids...
Honestly, do you want to see someone this very moment? Just someone with an empty, warm & dry cave.
Honestly, are you keeping a big secret now? Aren't we all?
Honestly, do you have a friend you don’t actually like? I think there are some people who think we're buddies...with whom I wouldn't agree.
Honestly, are you in denial? Who, me? Naaaahhhh....
Honestly, do you get up in the middle of the night and eat? My sleep schedule has been so fubar the last couple of days that I have gotten up for a snack. I ate two meals today. Weird.
Honestly, do you like anyone? Not too many humans tonight.
Honestly, does anyone like you? Yes, though I'm not gonna bet the farm on it, and nor do I care a whit.

ANGER SECTION

What do you do when you’re mad? Say many things I shouldn't. Blame myself.
What’s the worst thing you’ve done when you were mad? Didn't back down.
Ever made anyone cry when you were mad? I specialize in this!
Do you swear when you’re mad? I swear more when I'm ramping up. When I'm really livid I can barely speak coherently.

CRYING SECTION

When was the last time you actually cried? Thursday night when people said kind things.
Ever cried yourself to sleep? I don't think so. I tend to get a horrible headache if/when I cry for a long time.
Do certain songs make you cry? Yup. Not always the same ones, either.
What usually makes you cry? Inability to express myself properly, and happiness/pride. I'm weird. Move on.

HAPPY SECTION Fuckin' about time, too!

Are you usually a happy person? Not inappropriately. I do fake Happy really well, though.
What makes you the happiest? Seeing other people happy, having things go perfectly, getting into a rhythm with whatever I'm doing, sleeping.
Do you believe in yourself? I seem to be pretty real, yes.
When people say they think you are good looking/pretty, do you get happy? It depends on how creepy the person is. When you work in the public area, you tend to hear the most wildly ick-inducing things... If it's someone I know and like saying it, then of course I like hearing it.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.