Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Fill-Ins

(Link in blogroll)
This week, I took the first sentence in 6 of my favorite books...you fill them in...with the right words or even better, ones of your own.

And...here we go!


1. "In a hole in the ground there lived the remnants of society as we know it." [it's coming up on the end of "homeless at the library season" at work and it's been LONG one--my view of civilization as a whole is nosediving]

2. "
I'm still in my pajamas but that ain't no matter."

3. "After dark the rain began to fall again,
which is better than the snow scheduled for tomorrow."

4. "
I can't imagine anything good emanating from the hold of the Spanish galleon."

5. "There was a hand in the darkness, and
attached to it was the rest of the body." [though I was tempted to say something more Stephen King-like]

6. "Accidents ambush the unsuspecting,
thus defining the concept of 'accidents' quite neatly."

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to
lazing around, maybe doing some laundry, tomorrow my plans include work (be still my heart), and Sunday, I want to see the youth group kids!


I can name at least three of the books these first lines came from. heh

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.