Friday, December 5, 2008

Friday Five

(Link in blogroll)

1. Do you like the look of your country's currency (bills and coins)?
I like the fact that we are finally getting some color on our paper money; the only other things I'd like is some Braille information and/or different sizes of bills. Doesn't have to be a giant change in size, but some minor differences would be nice. As for the coins, I want a usable dollar coin; I just don't get why Americans won't use it. It would be nice to have a functional 50 cent coin in regular use too.
2. Regardless of their actual value, do you like bills or coins better?
Depends. Coin feel like money--they have heft. But I would much rather carry large amounts around in bills!
3. What is your favorite foreign currency? And why?
I loved lire; nothing quite like being a millionnaire with just a couple of hundred dollars investment. But I'm most familiar with the Pound. I like English money a lot.
4. Do you collect coins or bills? Elaborate.
I have leftover money from every place I've visited, but it's not really a collection. But there is a selection from Russia, China, Switzerland, England, Italy, Mexico, and Canada.
5. Do you think human society could make do completely without money? Explain.
Sure. It wouldn't be OUR society doing it, I don't think, but people would find something to barter with.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.