Saturday, December 13, 2008

Four for Friday

(Link in blogroll)

Q1 - Smokin': What do you think of President-elect Barak [sic] Obama's decision to smoke cigarettes... Who cares, it doesn't affect his ability to lead; I care because kids will smoke as a result of his example; it bothers me, but as long as he does it in private, I'm okay with it; something else?
Hmm, I didn't know he smoked. How odd that this never popped into my consciousness over the course of the election. Frankly, I don't care, though it does make me wonder about his judgment, and about the way his campaign was run that I never knew that. Smoking isn't evil, and many people (leaders) in other countries smoke, so whatever. Let's talk about the economy.
Q2 - Books: Did you read any memorable books this year/books you'd recommend reading?
I've read several good ones, and I'll do my usual end-of-the-year post about them in a couple of weeks. Just finished a good one called Breath and Bones, by Susann Cokal, about Denmark, the Western U.S., and painting in the 1880s. Interesting.
Q3 - Take Notice: What do you think people tend to notice about you? Related... Is there something else you wish they'd notice instead?
I don't know what people notice, though I hope my basic intelligence shines through my bouts with stupidity. I think most people at the Reference Desk think I'm friendly, and people who see me elsewhere think I'm not.... It's because I'm very focused on what I'm doing, and often don't see people I know until I've "ignored" them (when I actually, really, didn't know they were in the vicinity).
Q4 - Winter 2008/2009 Movies: Australia, Four Christmases, The Transporter 3, Nobel Son, Frost/Nixon, Punisher: War Zone, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Milk, Defiance, The Tale of Despereaux, Yes Man, Bedtime Stories, The Reader, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Hurricane Season, Marley & Me, Will Eisner's The Spirit, Revolutionary Road, Nothing Like the Holidays, Seven Pounds, Valkyrie, Bride Wars, Possession, The Unborn, The Brothers Bloom, Notorious, Paul Blart: Mall Cop, He's Just Not That Into You, Pink Panther 2, Push, Confessions of a Shopaholic, Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience... which movies are you most looking forward to watching this winter?
The Spirit looks good from the trailers. The Reader should be interesting (the book was, anyway, and I like the casting choices). Would like to see Milk. Desperaux was a good book and I love Matthew Broderick, so that should be good.

Having said all that, I probably won't see any of them. We just don't go to the movies. Sad. I'm going to make a deal with myself to see at least some of the foreign films they bring to town next month for the little mini-fest we have. It will, undoubtedly, be me alone however. I won't be able to talk Beast into it without a bunch of hassle.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.