Friday, October 31, 2008

Four for Friday

(Link in blogroll)
The Election Edition

Q1 - Talk About It: Many of my friends have commented they cannot discuss politics with co-workers, family, friends and others without conflict rearing its ugly head. Do you feel you can talk with your family and friends about this particularly divisive Presidential election?
I try not to talk about politics until I know a person's feelings. Once I know, if I don't agree, I don't bring the subject up and I avoid talking about it unless I'm pressed. We have one good friend who goads me until I respond, and it always turns way too emotional. Since my parents, primarily Dad, didn't agree with any of their children about politics, it became a really huge point of contention in the family. I just, generally, don't want to argue about politics; it seems like most people's minds are already made up.
Q2 - And The Winner Is: Do you know who you're voting for in next week's Presidential election?
Yup. Not even a close race for me. I've known for over 7 years who I'd vote for until Bush was out of office.
Q3 - Call It: A pollster is a professional whose primary job is conducting private pre-election surveys and advising candidates on election strategy. Put your pollster hat on: Who will win the Presidential election and by what margin (in percentages)?
Obama, 55-45%. I'm not going to get into electoral votes.
Q4 - Issues: What do you think is the most important issue in next Tuesday's Presidential election?
The economy. Had this question been posed a couple of months ago, I would have said the war.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.