Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday Threesome

(Link in blogroll)
::Guys and Dolls ::

Onesome: Guys-- do the darnedest things, -right? What's the darnedest thing you've had a male acquaintance do that you just know a gal would never even think of? (Okay, girls, toilet seats do not count on this one {g}!)
Apparently, I really don't think this way. I'm having a terrible time coming up with something. Everything I think of, I am reminded that I know women who have done it too.
I guess I'll go with the over-arching sense that whatever a man says is CRITICALLY IMPORTANT, not to mention more valid. Everything from a mumbled, "Wow, we're out of cheese" to waking someone with "Tornado! Get in the basement right now!" are equally important and the universe should listen with 100% attention. [Yes, there are women like this...but next time you're at a restaurant or a casual meeting with approximate equal numbers of men and women, stop listening to WHAT is being said and watch the responses and body language.]
My apologies to the many men I know who truely don't behave this way. Usually. ;-)
Twosome: and-- to turn it around, what's the darnedest thing you've had a female acquaintance do that you just know a guy would never even think of? (Okay, guys, that hair-flip move doesn't count either...)
I think the "Do I look fat...?" comment should be excluded too.
I don't know too many guys who cry to get their way. Not all the women I know who've done this have done it intentionally or consciously, mind you, but it does tend to work. Sometimes. Even with cops.
My apologies to the women I know who never have/never will do this.
Threesome: Doll[s]--ing yourself up? What is your idea of dress-up? Hmmm... Let's go with Summer wear for now!
Sundress, maybe with a wrap in case the a/c gets stupid, and sandals with a heel.

By the way, I do make a lot of "men are..." and "women are..." comments, but I guess I really don't think that way deep down. I'm really struggling with those first two questions; while I think men and women are different in an ineffable way, when it comes right down to it, we use all the behavioral tricks pretty interchangeably. Society may use different words--for instance, ever notice how men 'network' while women 'gossip'?--but from my standpoint, we all do the same things.

/rant

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.