Wednesday, April 2, 2008

More music

(from here)

#141

SONG 1: Heaven -- Los Lonely Boys
What comes to mind when you hear this song? The beginning of the Grammy Awards show the year this song came out (2004?). I'd never heard it and I totally fell in love with it.
Rate the singers looks out of 10? Hmmm...couple of them are cute. I'm not really liking the chola look, though.
What year was it released? 2003

SONG 2: Cab -- Train
Best instrument in the song? It's guitars and drums...basic rock song.
Third line? "Except for you"
Genre? Mainstream rock.

SONG 3: In the Beginning -- The Stills
Would it be good live? Uh...kinda NO!
What's the name of the album? Without Feathers
Last word: "Fire"

SONG 4: Ain't No Other Man (Radio Edit) -- Christina Aguilera
Spell it without vowels: n't N thr Mn (Rd dt) -- Chrstn glr
Write the opposite of each word in the title: Is Yes Same Woman...?
What sort of event would you play this song at? Party? Work headphones? Wherever.

SONG 5: Annie's Song -- John Denver
Is this song heavy or soft? Totally soft
Have you seen the artist live? No, though my dad saw him in a grocery store in Aspen once.
How many times have you played this? Several gabillion.

SONG 6: Hardway (Remix) -- DC Talk
Is it a well known artist? Within the Christian Rock community, they were near the top for awhile.
How many songs do you have by them? I don't have any personally, just a TobyMac CD.
How long does it go for? 5:01

SONG 7: Runaway Train -- Sould Asylum
Remind you of anything? I love this song. I've loved it since I saw the video when it first came out; I always wonder if any of those kids ever got home.
How would you dance to this? Not really danceable.
Did you buy it or download it? Yahoo!

SONG 8: Rehab -- Amy Winehouse
Name the song something different: Irony Squared Times a Million
Does it use a riff or a chord progression? Chords. I think.
Rate the album out of 10 Don't have the whole album, haven't heard it all, but I do like this song: it's rated a 10 on my Launchcast.

SONG 9: Lookee Here -- Transglobal Underground
How did you learn about this song? NPR introduced me to the group. This is not one of my favorite songs, but it has popped up before.
Are there any meaning to the lyrics? It's trance--the lyrics are a bit...uh...indescribable.
Describe the video: Not sure there is one. Can't find it.

SONG 10: Don't Ask Me Why -- Billy Joel
Seen any DVDs of the artists? Yes.
Favourite song by them him? I like a lot of his stuff. Lots and lots and lots--it's hard to pick one. So, You're My Home...Innocent Man...Leningrad...Allentown...Brenda & Eddie...I've Loved These Days.
Any explicit lyrics? This version is a concert recording. I think he swears between songs, but the lyrics are clean.

SONG 11: Whine Up (Party Club Drama) -- Kat DeLuna
What would your best friend think of you listening to this song? She'd wonder who this is.
Your mum? plock.
Favourite line? The lyrics are really not the point, but I do like the closing line: "She's crazy."

SONG 12: DVNO -- Justice
It comes on the radio, what do you do? Probably be very shocked, since these sorts of things don't make the radio around here.
Favourite part of the song? Good to listen to, fun.
Mood it puts you in? Bouncy.

SONG 13: Where the River Flows -- Collective Soul
Does it suit the number 13? Not particularly.
What would you say to the artist if they were here right now? Not a thing.
When would you listen to this song? Trying to drown out the noise at work.

SONG 14: All I Wanna Do -- Sheryl Crow
If you could listen to one more song, would it be this? Sure.
What artist should cover it? Avril or Pink.
What do you think of when you hear the name of it? "...is sleep."

SONG 15: So Beautiful -- Simply Red
Best part? The song as a whole.
Best lyric? "You're so beautiful but oh so boring"
Worst lyric? There ought to be a law about using "motorvatin'" in a song.

SONG 16: Soul Conga -- Africanism All-Stars
How many times could you listen to it without getting sick of it? Oh, three or four: I'm easily bored.
Spell the artist backwards: Srats-Lla Msinacirfa
How much would you pay to see it live? Well, I'd pay if they came here, but that's not likely.

SONG 17: Desperately Wanting -- Better Than Ezra
First word? Past
Last word? Wanting
Put both in a sentence: "Past wanting" works as a sentence, no?

SONG 18: Titanic Set -- Gaelic Storm
What does this song make you think about? Ireland...and Scotland.
Remind you of any friends? No.
What genre best defines the artist? Irish fiddle music

SONG 19: I'm Too Sexy -- Right Said Fred
Buy or download? I wouldn't pay for this song--just listen on Launchcast.
What's one thing that could be improved? It's too campy to mess with.
What decade was the artist in their prime at? Decade? How 'bout 6 months in the early 90s?!

SONG 20: 1999 - Prince
What part of the song stands out? All of it!
How much do you love the artist? A great deal.
Has anyone in the band died? I don't think so. I know Prince is still around, and I haven't heard of any of the well-known band members going.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.