Saturday, January 5, 2008

Random Google Meme

found here

Part 1: The Birth of You
Were you a planned baby?: 100% not.

Were you the first?: No.

Who was present at your birth?: Mom. The doctor and some nurses, presumably. Actually, Mom was probably asleep based on the traditional way of dealing with things in 1963.

Were your parents married when you were born?: Uh, 22 years and counting....

What is your birth date?: 10 days prior to JFK's assassination.

Part 2: The Family
How would you describe your family?: Sprawling.

Are your parents married? Uh, well...define "till death do us part."

Siblings or an only child? Sibs.

If you have siblings are you oldest, middle, or youngest? Youngest.

What are your siblings' names and ages? Marie 64, Ellen (deceased, she'd be 61 zomg), Jean 58, Del 54.

Which parent do you get along with best? We're all good now.

What do you fight about? There is no longer any point to fighting.

Do you have step parents? No.

Part 3: The Friends
Do you have more than one best friend? Yes. Thank God!

Who are your best friends? Beast. Jenny. ...and others, as applicable.

What do you like to do when you are together? Talk. Laugh. Cry.

Do you share the same interests? Some are the same. Some are completely opposed.

Which friend can you tell anything to? Jenny.

Part 4: Your Personality
How high/low is your self esteem? Right this very second, I'm extremely fine.

Are you happy? Yes.

Do you live life to the fullest? To the extent that I am able to do so, yes.

Part 5: Appearance
Are you comfortable with the way you look? For the most part, yes.

Do you have any piercings? One in each earlobe.

Describe your hair: Shoulder length, brown with some red and ash highlights, slight wave. Under the color, I'm probably 50% gray.

How do you dress? With difficulty. :-) Comfort is a priority for me.

Would you or have you ever felt physically attracted to yourself? OK, this wins for Weirdest Question of the Day! (and, no)

Part 6: The Past
Were you a strange child? I always thought I was, but in retrospect, I wasn't that odd.

What did you use to love that you no longer do? Hmmm....being "important" (or at least "noticed"). I think I might be over that.

Do you have the same friends? I'm still (vaguely) friends with someone I met 38 years ago, and 25 years ago, and I'm married someone I met 24 years ago...so, yeah. But there are some new(er) faces, too.

Was there anything in your past that was traumatizing? Yes. Could I please meet someone who answers this in the negative?!

Part 7: The Future
What is your ambition? To live a good life, and be an AWESOME grandma (in a decade or so)!!

Are you scared of growing old? Uh, no. Not really all that scared of the alternative, either.

Do you want to get married? That was a one-off for me. I won't do it again. ;-)

Part 8: The Outdoors
Do you prefer indoors or outdoors? Indoors. I actually like being outdoors in the summer, but #(#@&*ing allergies....

What is your favorite season? Autumn.

Do you like walking in the rain? Yes, though I can't really see well if I don't have my glasses on.

Part 9: Food

Are you a vegetarian? No.

What is your favorite fruit? Pears?

What food makes you want to gag? Beef liver.

What is your favorite dessert? Yes. Please. Seconds? Sure! (OK, but I'd prefer it not have chocolate involved)

Part 10: Relationships and Love
Are you single or taken? I think Beast would prefer I answer this as "taken."

If taken, who is the lucky guy/girl? Beast, from his point of view. I would, perhaps, quibble on the use of the word "lucky"...

Do you think love is the best feeling in the world? No. I think the best feeling in the world is the deep recognitino of all the possibilities in the world.

Do you believe in love at first sight? I believe that others believe in it. I, personally, don't trust it.

Part 11: Experiences
What was one of your greatest experiences? Marching in the Tournament of Roses Parade in high school.

What was one of your worst? Talking to my sister on the phone after her "6 weeks to 6 months" diagnosis. It's the only time she cried around me.

Have you ever thought you were going to die? No. There have been a couple of times when I sorta would have preferred death to continuing, though.

Have you ever suffered from depression? As if that last answer didn't spell it out...yes.




What an ending! I hasten to add that through the grace of God, lots of hard work, patient friends and family, and pharmaceutical intervention, I seem to be on a better path now.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.