Monday, December 10, 2007

Curious as a Cat

(Link at left)

1) What three things do you value most about your religion or spiritual practices?
Connection with God, connection with others, and practical applications to understanding events.
2) Is there a way that you feel inferior to other people generally? Why do you think this is?
I have no fashion sense, or at least not much of one (I knows what I likes, though!). I definitely feel inferior, but it doesn't bother me that much. It's just not important enough to me to pay much attention. That's part of the reason, but also it has to do with being a fish out of water as a child. I was the only kid of my parents who was not barred by the school from wearing jeans to class. My parents had a hard time with that.
3) Where is your favorite mall? Why?
My favorite mall no longer exists. I was mildly enchanted by the Mall of America, though. I could find everything there, as long as I stayed far away from the damn amusement park. Those rides scared me! (from a safety standpoint only)
4) For whom have you had the most sympathy or pity?
Kids, in general. Specifically, kids in intolerable life situations--famine, abuse, war--caused by adults.
5) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
This reminds me of my trip to what was then the USSR in January 1985. One of the 'events' that was scheduled was a troika ride in the taiga about 20 miles from Irkutsk. There was a little shed there--about the size of a ticket booth--and some people in folk costumes outside of it. Once we each had our troika ride, we were treated to potato pancakes/latkes prepared in the shed and shots of icy vodka while the dancers danced and the musicians played. And then we all did the Chicken Dance. Who knew that was an "authentically Russian" folk dance?

Anyway, there was a small fire, about the size of the one in the photo, which seems rather pathetically small considering the scope of the cold: probably close to -10F.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.