Thursday, November 1, 2007

Tagged

I was tagged by Kwizgiver for this.

Of course there are rules: answer the questions, tag 5 people and then go off on your travels to their hometowns. The hard part is that you can only give one answer for each of the questions. No ties. This could take awhile.

In fact, I'm stymied on several of them for my "hometown" (where I grew up), so I'm going to go with Milwaukee, which is not where I live, but I know it best. My current locale...I'll put those answers [in brackets], with no links and intentionally unnamed.
{Rules? Make 'em up as you go, in other words!}
Best place to eat. Mama Mia's. It's a local franchise, and they have the best garlic bread E V E R! Huge-ola, Milwaukee-sized servings of pasta. We lived near one restaurant for two years and ate there all the time, and still I never got tired of it. I think I need a road trip.
[The Mill, mostly because of the waitress and the 'decor']

Best shopping mall. Gotta be Grand Avenue. It's just sorta funky, for Milwaukee.
[I'm laughing. Mall? Hah!!! I live in a town that is still mostly rural. There is a new mall near where I go for DbD, so that's good, but I don't know the name of it. It's certainly not in the town where I live, and not where I work either.]

Famous landmark. I'm going with the Allen-Bradley clock because everything else is too hard to explain to non-M'wakeeans. There really isn't much in the way of landmarks; the only other one I thought of is next.
[uh....the stage theater in the center of town, I guess.]

Best tourism attraction. The art museum. The building architecture alone is worth the trip!
[Unfortunately, the only real tourism we get is either people escaping from The City, or people who have something deeply wrong with them who want to visit the site where a cult-movie-favorite was filmed.]

Best place for kids. Well, I was going to say the Circus Parade, but it seems to have been cancelled. So, I'm including this as a bid to bring it back. The Milwaukee County Zoo is one of the best zoos I've ever visited. Never bores me, and brings back loads of fun memories.
[Playing in parks, playing in yards...being a little kid around here is awesome! Not so much for the older kids, though.]

Popular outdoor activity. Summerfest. And all the other "fests" throughout the summer. If you like good music and lots of food, served with an ethnic twist for most of the summer, this is for you!
[Weekly band concerts in the town center in the summer. I think they've done this now for something like 75 years in a row. Pretty awesome. People bring potluck and eat and chat and enjoy the bugs...er, summer evenings.]

Breathtaking view. The Lake Michigan shoreline at night is amazing. Simply wonderful.
[Uh. Cornfields stretching to the horizon....? In my case, in the fall it's literally breathtaking!]

Only found here. Dolly Parton-meets-radiation-poisoning. It's an in-joke, but this photo gives you a sense of why we call it that.
[A parade in honor of a famous dude in a yellow hat.]
As for tagging...if you read this and feel compelled to join in, go nuts! No pressure, no foul, no bad feelings.... Have fun.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.