Saturday, May 26, 2007

Saturday 8

(Link at left)
it's relative

1. who's the oldest living member of your family?
That would probably be Mom; she is 85.
2. who's the newest?
Metaphysical question: how does one define this "new" thing...?
Alan is the newest to "officially" join, by marriage.
Nathanael is the newest, by birth, but he's not living.
Sparky is the newest, by birth, and still alive. So far.
3. if you could spend a two-week vacation with one family member, who would it be?
Beast.
4. the old saying goes, "you can pick your friends, but you cannot pick your family." if you could choose one of your friends, who would you 'elect' to become a member of your family?
Jenny IS part of my family, though we share no family between us.
5. who in your family can you just NOT stand?
My brother-in-law, Jan. I've totally had it with him.
6. do you have a member of the family who is currently suffering an illness? (i'm going for physical illness here, but feel free to talk about the batshit-crazy ones, too)
My mom suffers from "old age" (after-effects of several (mostly) mini-strokes over the years, and diabetes). My sister Jean has Parkinson's. Dean's an alcoholic, not exactly recovering, also not drinking the way he used to, but the damage is done. Beast's mom has heart disease, arthritis, needs several joint replacements, and she smokes non-stop (is that a disease?). Beast's dad has early-stage Alzheimer's and diabetes. My brother Del has diabetes. I think that's the whole thing. Oh, wait: my oldest sister Marie needs another knee replaced. Her husband, Jan, just got two hearing aids. That's all.
You asked....
7. do you have a family member that you've lost contact with? who are they, and why do you not currently have contact?
I haven't seen any of my cousins since I was around 16. There are, uhm, 5 of them ranging from age 73 to 45-ish. I doubt I'll ever see Norman (the oldest) again.
8. do you have any famous family members?
Heh. Nope. Best I can do is a nephew-in-law who is very involved in this organization. There's a photo of him here, but you'll have to do some detecting to find it. The rest of 'em...too busy to be famous. [not to say the person mentioned isn't busy...he is VERY busy...oy, foot in mouth disease!]

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.