Saturday, July 1, 2006

More questions....

Lisa is full of questions lately:

1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?
Searched? No. Stopped? Yes. Guilty? Yes? Ticket? Nope.

Helps to a) have a mom who worked for the courts and knew a lot of cops; and/or b) be on the way to Bible Study when you get pulled over.

2. Do you close your eyes on roller coasters?
I take my glasses off on rollercoasters after nearly losing them on two different ones. Hence, whether or not I keep my eyes open is immaterial. As I recall, they're usually open anyway.

3. When's the last time you've been sledding?
A very long time. College, maybe? Winter 'sports' are not my forte.

4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
Do they snore? In summer, I'd rather be alone. In winter, I'd rather have company.

5. Do you believe in ghosts?
Not per se.

6. Do you consider yourself creative?
In an abstract way.

7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
Is there honestly anyone who doesn't think so? Of course.

8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
I expect Jennifer to be a better friend, and more fun in most respects. If I were solely interested in sex, however, Angelina. Hands down.

9. Do you stay friends with your exes?
All, what....3 of them? Well, three that I'd consider as proper "exes." I'm not counting everyone I went to a movie or dance with!

Anyway: no. Nothing in common anymore; it's been 20-plus years after all.

10. Do you know how to play poker?
Uhhh, yeah. And I'm decent at it, though I lost today. It's hard to bet against a kid; you never know whether they're playing shitty or bluffing or what.

11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
I think they longest I've gone is about 36 hours.

12. What's your favorite commercial?
They are almost always muted at my house. I don't retain those things.
[Addendum 7/2: I just saw one I really like that is not exactly new; if you watch golf on TV, you've seen it. It's the one where the kid hits a hole-in-one.]

13. What are you allergic to?
Cats, dogs, June grass, fire ants (new development), cigarette smoke, corn pollen, various other trees and grasses, and morphine. Also sometimes: peanuts, pork/ham, milk products, and who knows what will pop in next week.

14. If you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around do you run red lights?
Only if I've been waiting forever for it to turn green.

15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?
Oh, for heaven's sake, of course I do!

16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
Baseball, right? Shoot 'em all.

17. Have you ever been Ice Skating?
Why is this capitalized? Yes. I suck--bad ankles.

18. How often do you remember your dreams?
If I pay attention when I'm waking up, I do. Probably 3-4 times a week.

19. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
SNL could send me over the edge tonight. It's probably happened this month sometimes. When I'm emotionally stable, I do this a lot.

20. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles?
Help! Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Yellow Submarine, Rocky Raccoon, and that one by George Harrison...

...just kidding: Eight Days a Week, Yesterday, Long and Winding Road...

I can probably tell you who wrote and sang each one, given enough time to think about it. I used to be kind a Beatles geek.

21. What's the one thing on your mind now?
Sleep. Cuz, y'know I've been awake for almost 12 hours now.... hee

And the fact that the fireworks have stopped. I hope. Maybe I'll be able to sleep.

22. Do you know who Ghetto-ass barbie is?
Nope. The whole Barbie thing ended for me about 30 years ago.

23. Do you always wear your seat belt?
If I've left the driveway, I've got the seat belt on.

24. What cell service do you use?
Cingular.

25. Do you like sushi?
No. I only eat cooked formerly living creatures.

26. Have you ever narrowly avoided a fatal accident?
Yes.

27. What do you wear to bed?
Pajamas. Shirt/shorts, or giant T-shirt.

28. Been caught stealing?
Never caught, haven't done it in...oh, 32 years.

29. What shoe size do you have?
I wear 9.5-ish. The others I have are Sparky's and Beast's and simply enormous.

30. Do you truly hate anyone?
I don't think I hate her anymore, but I sure have difficulty forgiving my former boss.

31. Classic Rock or Rap?
Rock. Although some rap is ok, especially the very early stuff. And I'll admit that I am amazed by Eminem's stuff.

32. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?
Didn't I answer that above...no, nevermind.

I'm not sure who to pick. Can't think of any one person, mostly because I'd rather just talk to (or look at) the stars I'm interested in.

33. Favorite Song?
Today? "One" (U2).

34. Have you ever sang in front of the mirror?
Not recently. Not since my adolescent hormones settled down.

35. What food do you find disgusting?
Kimchi. Really. Urghhhh.

36. Do you sing in the shower?
Nope. I sing in the car, though.

37. Did you ever play, "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours"?
Not that I remember.

38. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
Yes. I was 13 once.

39. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew?
I feel like I do this a lot at work. Like, daily.

40. Have you ever been punched in the face?
No. Been slapped, hard enough to leave marks, a couple of memorable times. Girl fights don't generally involve face punches, or they didn't when I was potentially involved in them.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.