Monday, May 15, 2006

Fleur de Lisa theft (Other Misc.)

You Are 26% Vain

Okay, so you're slightly vain from time to time, but you're not superficial at all.
You are realistic. You know that looks matter. You just try to make them matter less.


Yup. Got it in one.

**************************
According to this book, "The Average American:"

Eats peanut butter at least once a week (No, but it's funny that I was talking about peanut butter with my mom last night...)

Prefers smooth peanut butter over chunky (Yes)

Can name all Three Stooges (Yes--but, I don't know, weren't there more? Am I conflating Stooges with Marx Brothers?)

Lives within a 20-minute drive of a Wal-Mart (Yes. Not that I stop there very often.)

Eats at McDonald's at least once a year (Yes. In fact, we stopped there yesterday.)

Takes a shower for approximately 10.4 minutes a day (I have no idea, but I think it might be longer in my case.)

Never sings in the shower (Only when I stub my toe on something.)

Lives in a house, not an apartment or condominium (Yes)

Has a home valued between $100,000 and $300,000 (When we moved in, it was. Not sure if the value has gone up enough in 2-1/2 years to hit $300,000.)

Has fired a gun (Only a cap pistol.)

Is between 5 feet and 6 feet tall (Yes; I'm shrinking but I'm still within the average.)

Weighs 135 to 205 pounds (Yes)

Is between the ages of 18 and 53 (Yes)

Believes gambling is an acceptable entertainment option (It's as acceptable as alcohol consumption nowadays. I think it's dangerous and I don't do much of it.)

Grew up within 50 miles of current home (Hah. NO!)


***************************

Some Meme

*10 FAVORITES*

1) Favorite Colors: Blue
2) Favorite Food: Anything sweet, although my teeth are telling me to cut that out! So, removing Sugar as a food group...Pasta.
3) Favorite Musical Group: U2
4) Favorite Song right now: This minute? "Seek Ye First"...replaying from yesterday's church services
5) Favorite Movie: "Heathers"
6) Favorite Sport: Hiking
7) Favorite Season: Fall
8) Favorite Day Of the Week: Monday
9) Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Peppermint
10) Favorite Time of Day: If I get up before everyone else on a day when I don't work, it's just after sunrise.

~9 CURRENTS~
1) Current Mood: It's early; I'm still in a decent mood, but I have ton to do today.
2) Current Taste: In my mouth? In clothing? What...? I just ate a piece of cold pizza for breakfast [yumm!], so I guess Canadian bacon-tomato sauce-sausage-and-mushroom-on-bread with a faint aftertaste of Dr. Pepper.
3) Current Clothes: My pajamas.
4) Current Desktop: I posted it a couple of days ago: the leaves and buds on one of the trees at the zoo last month.
5) Current Music: The hum of the refrigerator and freezer in the basement. House-clicks.
6) Current Time: 7:53 a.m.
7) Current Surroundings: Sitting on new furniture in the recently painted basement, enjoying the room.
8) Current Thoughts: I need to read the last weeks' worth of [local] papers, and then vacuum the upstairs carpets and prep for the arrival of the cleaner. I should probably get dressed sometime, too.
9) Current Status: Breathing and appreciative.

*8 FIRSTS*
1) First Best Friend: a tie: Jenny and Beast
2) First Kiss: Ron M@rtinez
3) First Screen Name: TW__54B on Prodigy in 1990
4) First Pet: Peppy the Parakeet. First of my own was Tippi the Terrier. We seem to go for alliteration in my family...
5) First Piercing: The only piercing was my ears, done on my 14th birthday. When we got home from the mall and showed Dad, he disdainfully asked -- in 1977 -- if I was doing my nose next.
6) First Crush: David Cassidy. I was about 9.
7) First Music: I don't understand this. The first music I remember hearing? Probably hymns at church or kiddie stuff. First music I made? On a cheap children's piano I received for Christmas (birthday?) when I was 6 or 7. First music lessons? Piano with Mrs. Schumann--I walked the 8 blocks to her house and back when I was between 8 and 10, across a very busy four-lane road, alone.
8) First Love: Hormones being what they are...there were so many! I'll settle on Jim Phi11ips in 5th grade (he was in 6th).

~7 LASTS~

1) Last Cigarette: Must have been in a previous life.
2) Last Drink: I had a Long Island Iced Tea last night with dinner.
3) Last Car Ride: The drive home from dinner.
4) Last Kiss: Hey! Sparky didn't kiss me goodbye this morning! So that means, probably Beast, last night before going to sleep.
5) Last Movie Seen: In the theater: Narnia. At home....don't remember. NOT something I selected.
6) Last Phone Call: Beast just called to say good morning; he's working "summer hours" already: 6-3, so he leaves at about 5 a.m.
7) Last CD Played: Disc 2 of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, in the truck.

*6 HAVE YOU EVERS*

1) Have You Ever Dated One Of Your Best Guy/Girl Friends: I dated someone who ultimately became my best friend. I don't think I ever dated anyone who was actually a good friend first.
2) Have You Ever Broken the Law: Speeding much?
3) Have You Ever Been Arrested: Are you serious? My mom knows all the cops in the world--she'd kill me if I got arrested! ;-)
4) Have You Ever Skinny Dipped: Nope. For really good reasons, involving the death of a friend of mine.
5) Have You Ever Been on TV: Yes.
6) Have You Ever Kissed Someone You Didn't Know: I'm not sure how to answer this...so, yes, by my definition.

~5 THINGS~

1) 1 Thing You're Wearing: Still in my pajamas....
2) 1 Thing You've Done Today: Ate breakfast, such as it was.
3) 1 Thing You're Listening To Right Now: Still listening to the fridge and freezer...
4) 1 Thing You Can't Live Without: Sparky
5) 1 Thing You Do When You're Bored: Blog

*4 PLACES YOU'VE BEEN TODAY*

1. Bed, asleep
2. The living room floor (no furniture on which to sit)3. The kitchen
4. The basement

~3 PEOPLE YOU CAN TELL ANYTHING TO~

1. Beast
2. Jenny
3. Blogger (in assorted formats--it's possible that I have too many blogs!)

*2 CHOICES*

1. Black or White: Another question I don't understand. Lisa went with clothing...I can't wear white, so black.
2. Hot or Cold: And again...what does this mean? I prefer warm weather, cold drinks, warm friends and (I wish this were true) cool jazz.

~1 THING YOU WANT TO DO~

1. Control my mood swings.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.