Thursday, December 16, 2004

Regular Memes

New pets


1.How do you feel about having a new pet (or a pet at all, if you don't have one already)?
I'd love to have another dog. I love 'em. But my allergies don't. They are almost as bad as cats in that department. I currently share two guinea pigs with my son, and I think I might be slightly allergic to either them or their food (timothy hay). But they're small and self-contained, so I don't mind.

2. What is the adjustment period like when a new pet comes around?
Depends on the size of the pet. The pigs were easy. Dogs, well, not so much. Never had a cat, don't know. Birds are easy too, but much noisier than one would expect.

3. If you have other animals, how do they take the new pet?
N/A.

Bonus Question for Comments: When choosing a cat or a dog: baby (kitten/puppy) or full-grown? Why?
Baby. Although I can understand why you'd want them to arrive housebroken!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

::Christmas is Coming!::


Onesome: Christmas-- Hey, an easy start for you, what with the new layout and all: What is your favorite Christmas song? ...and sung or played by whom? You know, the one you tend to listen for on the radio or hit 'repeat' on the player...
I like the carols, the 'religious' ones: Silent Night, O Holy Night, Joy to the World (I can always hear my dad doing the tenor part). I also like any that Nat "King" Cole did. I had his kids' Christmas album growing up and still love those songs, done just that way.

Twosome: Is-- Is the longer "Holiday Season" this year between Thanksgiving and Christmas making it easier to get your Christmas act together? Last year's was short; has this year flowed any better for you?
No, because it just doesn't seem like Christmas, so I've put things off and now I'm freaking out. It's a good thing I still have another week to get myself together.

Threesome: Coming-- Ready or not, here it comes! Are you ready? What do you have left to do with just over a week to go? ...or are you just cruising?
I'm nearly ready. I must:

  • Mail boxes. (Friday)
  • Mail cards. (starting Friday)
  • Wrap teacher gifts. (Tonight!!)
  • Wrap family gifts. (Whenever)
  • Wrap pseudo-family gifts (Whenever)
  • Buy/Wrap other gifts--cleaning lady, mailman, etc. (This weekend)
  • Filler gifts--the ones that I realize I've forgotten. (Next week, since I don't know what I've forgotten yet!)
I'm actually in pretty good shape. With that statement, I've bought karma crashing onto my head.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.