Tuesday, November 2, 2004

Election day

Tuesday Twosome

1. When did you register to vote and what compelled you to do so?
I registered as soon as I turned 18, because my mom nagged me about it, but also so that I could cancel out her vote in an election year. Not that it did the least amount of good, but I could bitch for the following four years in good conscience at least!
2. Did you vote early (if your state offers this) or are you voting on election day?
We have to vote on election day or by absentee ballot here. I voted at 7:25 this morning, but I forgot to ask what number I was. I'm guessing about 80.
3. Do you truly believe your vote counts or are you not convinced that "every vote counts"?

My. Vote. Counts.
I'm still cancelling out my mom, if nothing else.

4. Did you make up your mind about what candidate to vote for awhile back or within the last two weeks?
I knew as soon as the election was decided four years ago who I would probably vote for in 2004. I've seen no reason to change my opinion since then.
5. Compared to your parents' views, are you voting the same as or different from them?
See above. Both voted the party line pretty much all their lives. Oddly enough, though, their daily life belies their politics, which might explain why they raised five kids who voted "against" them (and who married five people who also vote "against" them).

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.