Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Wednesday--Time to Warm Up the Brain

Link: BDI
Title: Hump Day

We are smack in the middle of National Friendship Week which occurs annually during the third week of August. What better way to warm up for the Mind Hump than by bragging on our friends -- after all, we are all about sharing the love. Using the letters F-R-I-E-N-D list six qualities that your best friend possesses. [Boy, does that word look weird!]

F - Fun and Funny. The obvious choices. Or why hang around them?
R - Religious, or Spiritual. Or at least deeper than the average rain puddle. I don't mean "churchy," however...
I - Intuitive.
E - Eager-for-Adventure.
N - Nosy. In the sense of asking probing questions and waiting for the real answer.
D - Dedicated.
(Who does this describe? Jenny.)

This week let's have some fun with free association or "I say ___, you think ___." Using the following words respond with your first thought. You can respond with one word, a sentence, or just babble like crazy! Ready? Do the Humpty Hump!

01. protection -- My first response was "Doberman." But it was followed so quickly by "condom" that I just had to include both. Maybe using the two would decrease the spread of AIDS/HIV even faster?? :-)
02. twist -- Chubby Checker
03. furry -- Marten (I'm reading "Inkheart.")
04. buck -- Henry. Owens. Deer. They all popped into my head at once.
05. purple -- "...flying purple people eater." And my sister hated this color.
06 wave -- "...long may she wave." And marcelled hair.
07. flash -- Gordon. Uh-oh: too much listening to my Best of Queen CDs!
08. pokey -- Hokey.
09. neon -- City streets.
10. elastic -- Underwear. [huh??]
11. chips -- Corn chips, with salsa and shredded cheese. Oy. Great: now I'm hungry.
12. float -- Hope Floats. Which I never saw. Also, Homecoming. And the Tournament of Roses Parade.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.