Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Killing time

Link: Daily Dirt
Title:Travelling

1. When travelling, do you prefer long drives or by plane?
Actually, I like both for different reasons. I love the act of driving, and watching the scenery go by--assuming there IS scenery to look at and you aren't in Nebraska or North Dakota!--brings back memories of all the driving vacations of my childhood. Flying is faster. But it's awfully annoying now.
2. Where was your first out-of-country trip?
I think the first time I left the States was in 1978 when I went to England.
3. Who do you usually travel with?
Nowadays I usually go on big trips with The Beast and Sparky. Once a year I go on a Mom's/girls' weekend with friends to scrapbook. Occasionally, I fly solo to visit family.
4. What's your favorite destination?
Hate to be wishy-washy, but I can't pick just one. There are a lot of different reasons to travel. I can't think of a trip that didn't have a single aspect to enjoy. Maybe going home for my dad's funeral...but I sure learned a lot that trip. I think that when I stop enjoying travel, shoot me.
For education: The Cathedrals of England; Siberia, China, the east coast of the U.S. (or more specifically D.C./Virginia); the ever-popular "how many miles can we put on the car/how many cities can we cram into two weeks" trips across the country.

For noise and people-watching, and good food: London, Athens, Chicago, Denver, Mexico City, Moscow.

For relaxation: Moosehead Lake, ME; Greek islands, Puerto Vallarta, San Diego; Ouray, CO.
5. Do you usually travel for fun or work?
Fun. Libraries don't fund too many business trips.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.