Started at about 7:15 p.m. 7/23
801. How often do you change your mood in a day?
My mood changes semi-regularly, though not with as much violence as it was doing perhaps 2 years ago. So, maybe 2-3 times a day within a fairly narrow range these days.
802. When you ask people how they are doing you actually care about their answer or is it just polite?
Mostly it's just following the script, but for some people I do care, and I will stop walking if I get a weird-feeling answer.
803. Would you consider yourself to be very polite?
Yes, though perhaps not very tactful. But I can "ma'am" and "sir" with the pros.
804. Do you like movies and books that involve nuclear holocaust?
I've been reading/watching this same theme now for over half my life. It's getting more than slightly old. So...not so much. Though I really loved The Road.
805. Have you ever had a lucid dream (a dream in which you knew you were dreaming and had complete control over what happened in the dream)?
Yup. They are weird, and frankly I find them very unpleasant. I like to let the dream be in charge.
I guess you can probably guess I don't have a lot of serious nightmares.
806. Have you ever had a flying dream?
Yeah. Not lately that I recall.
807. Have you ever had a lucid flying dream?
808. What's the oddest law you ever heard of?
It is illegal to allow horses or pack mules upstairs (i.e. off the ground floor) in any building in Cripple Creek, Colorado. But why would you want to? And what about burros and donkeys or miniature ponies?
809. What is the ultimate way to connect with another person?
Well, I'm assuming metaphorical connections here, because otherwise...like...touching them is pretty connective. :P
Metaphorically, listening is probably the best connector. Notice: not talking. LISTENING!
810. Can you be intimate with someone without touching him or her?
Of COURSE! Holy shit, really??
811. Can men and women ever really be 'just friends' with no interest in anything more?
Seeing as how I have been friends with some men for several decades with ZERO interest in boinking them, yes. At least for me. You should perhaps ask some guys though.
812. I get to make up my own question as this one was skipped. Hmmm, what shall I ask....?
I'm not going to ask. I'm just going to say that Beast has been home for two straight weeks. He's leaving tomorrow on a trip and will pretty much only be home on weekends for most of August. Then we go on vacation. It's going to be interesting to see if he can keep his shit together all month, and on vacation. And consequently, whether I will be able to keep my shit together. Here's hoping. It's going to be a potentially stressy trip.
813. Are you addicted to this survey like drugs?
814. If your significant other wanted to wait for marriage could you hold out or would you leave them (or would you cheat)?
I've been married 30 years and had a child with my husband. I think this ship has sailed. In general, I think this is a question best suited for asking the person you're currently involved with. Every answer is going to be different.
815. What's the longest sentence you can make using only words that start with the same letter as your first name?
Cool, calibrated cats can commence conditional crafts connections.
816. If you had a theme song what would it be?
"Oh What a Beautiful Morning"?
817. Are you cranky?
Not really, no.
818. Which group generally annoys you more, people older than you, or people younger than you?
I'd say it's a wash. Which is a change--younger people haven't always annoyed me. ;-) Then again, I sort of give most of them a break because of lack of experience.
819. Do you refer to older people as old farts?
Not to their faces... lol
820. Do you refer to younger people as "the kids"?
821. Which is better: Poems that everyone can relate to or poems that are intensely personal to the author?
What is the use of poetry--or writing in general--if it doesn't manage to communicate its point at some level? That's really the question. If your audience is "everyone" then talk to everyone. If your audience is you, talk to you.
822. Is it worse to be too hot or too cold? No fair asking this during the hottest weather we've had in about 2 years! Generally, I prefer being warm, however.
823. Are you so flexible that you can put your feet behind your head?
I don't think I've been that flexible since the womb.
824. Would you enjoy reading fairy tales written about robots?
Sure. If they were well-written. I read pretty widely. This isn't even the weirdest thing I've ever heard of. ...in fact, I'm wondering if this isn't something I've actually run across at some point. Seems familiar...
825. Is smoking a turn on or gross?
It's gross. But the gestures and actions involved can be sexy.
826. What is the one way you wouldn't want to die?
I fear three diseases: Parkinson's, Alzheimers, and Huntington's chorea.
827. Which would look sillier on you: A cowboy hat or a Rasta hat?
Uhm, seeing as how I'm quite white, I think a Rasta hat would be ridonkulous. And culturally insensitive to boot. I own a cowboy hat!
828. Would you rather have a job doing something indoors or outdoors?
Indoors. I don't do well with weather or external environments in general.
829. Would you rather learn more about human nutrition or meteorology?
I'd rather eat the weather maps, honestly.
830. Have you ever taken honors courses?
I mostly took honors courses.
831. What do you think of crop circles?
I think there's been far too much ink and pixels used in discussing them already.
832. Where do they come from?
Farmers and others with too much time on their hands.
833. When was the last time you screwed up big time?
I think, from my personal standpoint, it was last Feb or Mar when I was trying to steady Beast when he was drunk and he fell on me, the hearth, and the firewood rack in the living room. He also knocked his computer on top of me, as well as landing partially on me. I was rather bruised, but fortunately I missed the hearth--he didn't, and ended up with his shoulder inside the fireplace, bending the metal-and-glass doors which remain bent still. I had a great, close-up view of the slate on my way down. And there was a bruise on my left shin that has only recently finally stopped being tender to the touch. It was a good reminder of the realities of what I can and cannot fix. The steel firewood rack is also bent to hell, but at least it does still sort of work.
834. You have a choice. What do you eat: a veggie burger, a turkey dog, a cheese sandwich?
Cheese sammich, please.
835. Do you get a lot of random instant messages?
No. Just a lot of random email that isn't exactly spam, but sent to the wrong address. Lots of church-related stuff.
836. Do you have a paper journal also?
When I'm on vacation, I keep a journal of the days' activities.
837. VHS or DVD?
We still have some VHS tapes, but generally we do DVDs these days. She says drily.
838. Vinyl, cassette tape, or CD?
See above. We have all three, but mostly use CDs...or Spotify.
839. Have you ever seen the video/heard the song "Days Go By," performed by Dirty Vegas?
I have. I like it. Haven't listened it to it lately.
840. MTV: should it play more videos or more shows?
I'm one of those GetOffMyLawn people who remember that M stands for Music and prefers videos.
841. Name a band: U2
Do fans of that band tend to share any characteristics with each other Not so's I can tell, particularly. I've seen just about all demogs at their concerts.
842. What does the expression 'touch and go' mean?
Not safe, sure, or able to be counted on. Dicey. Might happen, might not.
843. Caffeine or alcohol?
Come tomorrow, I'll be doing them both: hello Cuba Libres FTW!
Restarted at 7:30 p.m. 7/30
844. Betty or Veronica?
I would have preferred being Veronica
Archie or Reggie or Jughead?
I'd really rather be celibate.
845. What book are you reading right now?
Make Me by Lee Child (ebook), Founding Grammars by Rosemarie Ostler, The Night Ferry by Michael Robotham (audiobook), The Selected Letters of Laura Ingalls Wilder by William Anderson, and Forty Stories (Cal Morgan, ed.) (ebook).
846. Is the news too depressing?
Always. And now with added BS courtesy of election season!!
847. Would you rather have a stuffed lion, elephant, pig or duck?
I would rather not stuff any animals, thankyouverymuch.
848. Are you late for a very important date?
Probably. I hope not. I think I caught up to myself fairly effectively yesterday.
849. Ever use star 69?
Huh, yeah, quite often a couple of decades ago.
850. Is everyone as smart as you?
Nope. Then again, I'm not as smart as some people either. Don't worry: I know my place.
851. Have you ever seen the musical "Annie"?
852. Sheets: silk or satin?
Cotton in the summer, and I would prefer flannel in winter, but we use cotton then too.
853. Bath: soap or bubbles?
854. Your best color: blue or red?
Blue. Red does NOT work with my complexion at all!
855. What's your favorite candy?
856. Can you sing?
857. It's the end of the world, as we know it. How do you feel?
Actually, it kind of is, or at least potentially a new beginning in some areas, which is exciting. Also scary as fuck.
858. You take your little sister (she's 12) shopping for school clothes. Mom gave you the money to hold. She picks out a skimpy top emblazoned "Hottie" and hip-hugging pants that leave at least two inches of skin north and south of her navel exposed to the wind. She insists: If she doesn't have these clothes, she'll look awful, the other kids will tease her, and she’ll feel like a nerd.
Do you think she should or should not wear these clothes?
Do you buy them for her?
Nope nope nope nope. I'm so glad I didn't have any daughters!
859. What do you think is the most annoying cliché?
This week, I've gotten annoyed with "Listen..." and "Look..." at the beginning of a sentence. As in "Listen, I know you think you know how to fix the printer, but actually you're making it worse."
860. What band is underground right now but will one day get really popular?
I have exactly zero knowledge or predictive skill in this area.
861. Of the following which word best describes you: versatile (flexible), wonderful, x-tra special, your own best friend, zany
Trying to be my own best friend. But often achieving only zaniness.
862. What does BYOB stand for?
Bring Your Own Beverage
863. Who is sexiest: Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, Elvis, Jim Morrison, Madonna, Cyndi Lauper
In my book, Elvis and Morrison exuded sex during performances, but I think James Dean was just sexy-without-trying-particularly-hard-to-be. I'm not judging the women.
864. Do you always do what's expected of you?
I try hard not to.
865. Do you believe everything you hear on the news?
Nope. I believe pretty much nothing. Or at least that's what I strive for.
866. Would you prefer a $100.00 gift certificate to Hot Topic or Abercrombie & Fitch (assuming neither store gives change, so you'll have to spend the whole thing)?
Hot Topic. At least I can breathe the air in that store!
867. Have you ever won a competition?
I'm extremely competitive. So, yes.
868. Who looks sloppier when they are overweight, guys or girls?
Who cares about stupid generalizations like this?? OMG, do not make me come and stab you with a fork!
869. At what age do you become all grown up?
When you're paying all your own bills on time and know what the word "Escrow" means. Also, you have to have shopped for a furnace or other HVAC unit, and replaced something broken in your abode and/or car.
870. Have you ever written graffiti on anything?
Oh, yeah, I'm a regular scofflaw. OK, not that often, but I have added commentary.
871. Can you remember what you wrote?
Nope. Why I had a pen is the real question I'm pondering.....
872. Are you a force of nature?
I can be. Given enough necessity and (usually) interest, I absolutely can be.
873. What do you think of blue eye shadow?
I think... of the 70s. smh The errors of youth....
How about gold eye shadow?
Look, I'm currently wearing glitter nail polish; I don't think you should really depend on me for anything related to make-up and/or fashion, do you??
874. Would you ever wear any of the following Halloween costumes: Flapper? Hippie? Disco dancer?
Sure. In fact, I have dressed in two of those ways on a regular day, so...
875. Should birth control be taught in high school?
Birth control should be taught whenever the person is able to procreate! Like 12.
How about in jr. high or elementary school?
YES YES YES. OMG a zillion times YES!
876. Would you consider yourself a genius?
877. What did you think of the movie "Solaris"?
I didn't, not much. Never saw it.
878. Which is usually better: movies or books?
I'm pretty biased toward books, but there are some movies that are pretty amazing too.
879. Do you think The Hobbit will be made into a movie?
880. Do you research which brands use sweatshops to make their clothing before you shop?
Sadly, I do not.
881. What gives you a magical feeling?
Uhm...I'm old. Magic is dead.
882. Have you ever pulled apart a Christmas cracker?
Every year, my friend, every year. In fact, I discovered last night that I'm currently stocked in this area for at least 3-4 years.
883. Would you rather watch basketball or play basketball?
I'd rather give birth to a basketball.
884. Do you think that everyone makes his or her own problems?
Nope. Not all of them. Not by a long shot. You think the Holocaust was the fault of gay Jewish communist gypsies?
885. Do you often consider how your actions will affect other people?
I try very hard to think about that, but I don't always succeed.
886. Are J-Lo and Ben Affleck interesting to you at all?
I like Ben, though less than I used do. He's turned out to be a dog. J-Lo is pretty meh. I don't hate her, but she's gone up in my estimation since kicking HER dog to the curb!
887. Do you use bad grammar or hate bad grammar?
I use it for effect on occasion. Some specific things make my skin crawl, but I try not to get too exercised about it.
888. Make up a tabloid headline:
Trump New KFC XtraCrispy Spokesman!
889. Do you like to learn new things?
I do. Very very much. Well, not ALL new things, but those that involve solving puzzles, yes.
890. What's more important, fame or personal accomplishment?
891. Sweet dreams are made of this....
Who am I to disagree.
What are they made of?
Snips and snails...no, wait, that's something else entirely. Right now, my sweet dream is all about ice cream...none here to eat. Doggone it.
892. Two trailer park girls go round the outside...
OK (I'm not placing the next lines, but I know it's an Eminem song...
Round the outside of what?
Presumably their trailers?
893. Are you wearing a piece of jewelry that means a lot to you right now?
I've always got wedding/engagement rings on.
894. If someone was going to inscribe a message on a ring and give it to you what would you want it to say?
This is not my thing at all.
895. Guys who are losing their hair: should they shave their heads? Get implants? Or let it go?
I could not possibly care less about this. Personally, I like a bald head, but some guys have weird-shaped heads, or lose their hair in weird ways, but here's a thought" how 'bout we worry about the person UNDER the hair?!
896. Do rock stars work hard or lead the easy life?
Depends on who, and at what point of their career. I wouldn't want to live their lives, that's for sure!
897. How much water do you drink every day?
Straight water, probably 16 oz, give or take.
898. Are you driven or kinda apathetic?
Yes. Apathetically driven. I'm mostly lazy.
899. Who do you turn to when you are down?
900. Would you ever wear saran-wrap?
Hah. I have. Somewhere back there someone told me that Saran around the middle is a great weight-loss plan. How stupid was I? Plus, I was skinny at the time anyway! Dumbass.... No, I'm never doing this again.
finished 8:05 p.m. 7/30