Monday, March 7, 2016

Simple Woman's Day Book

(Link up here)

OUTSIDE the sun is shining, the sky is blue-white (as in pale blue, sort of humid-looking), and the current temp is 49. Yay for spring.

THANKFUL for Sparky sitting next to me on the sofa, and for small things like socks that match my shirt and sunshine.

THINKING that my uninterrupted day of cataloging may not happen after all because the children's librarian just posted that she was at the ER yesterday.

WEARING tan GV jeans, two thin long-sleeved T-shirts (teal under teal-gray stripes) and teal socks. And my 40-year-old silver  hand-made triune earrings.

CREATING this blog post. It's too early for creativity I fear.

GOING to check my blood sugar as soon as this is done and then eat and leave for work.

WONDERING why I'm so tiiiiirrrred all the time.

READING Pastrix by Nadia Bolz-Weber, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig (on CD), The Watcher in the Shadows by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Bazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen King, and Jesus by James Martin. I just finished, last night, The Zig-Zag Girl by Elly Griffiths.

PRAYING dozens of sick people, for healthy almost-born babies, for traveling mercies for all of us this week....

LOOKING FORWARD TO seeing Amy and her new house!

LEARNING to think about what I'm eating. Which sucks.

IN THE KITCHEN there are dirty dishes from last night's mac-n-cheese extravaganza.

AROUND THE HOMESTEAD the snow has mostly disappeared completely, I suspect I'll see crocus leaves when I pull out of the garage this morning, and the birds are singing their hearts out. No barking dogs--hurrah!

QUOTE: Last night's quote on my Facebook page was: “I love you above all things, even pie.” This is true of so many people I know, and I lerrrrvvvvvve me some pie!

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.