How Are Ya Today Meme
- Okay, here we go. How are ya today?
OK. Just sat up from my weekly NASCAR nap--seriously, the sound of the wheels just makes me sleeeeeepppyyyyyy. So I'm still adjusting to being upright and eyes-open.
- Have you ever been so happy you felt invincible?
I think this is what childhood feels like. I haven't felt totally carefree for a long time.
- Would you ever refer to something as ‘bitter sweet’?
I do that. So, yes.
- Is there a person in this world you don’t think you could ever figure out?
I'm completely confused by Donald Trump. I have no wish to figure him out, honestly. I just don't know what his end-game is.
- When was the last time you were freaked out?
Thursday morning was not a particularly calm and sane period.
- Do you learn from ‘every’ mistake you make?
In theory. I mean, I try to find something positive about even the worst situation. Often I can't come up with anything till the dust has settled.
- Do you sometimes think that you’re too nice?
I'm almost always too nice for my own good, but I'm learning.
- Is there something you’re dying to tell someone?
I pretty much speak my mind already. I'd love to say thank you to all the people in the world who don't spend their days making life worse for those around them.
- Do you think you have a unique name?
I absolutely do! I'm virtually certain there is no one with my name except me. How many people can say that?
- Do you usually try to find the good in people?
Yes. See #7 above re "too nice."
- Do you look back on embarrassing moments and laugh about them?
Eventually, yes. Often, in the middle of them, I'm able to appreciate how ridiculous I am.
- Have you ever laughed just to save yourself from humiliation?
Hello, the soundtrack to junior high....
- What are you doing in 2 hours?
Perhaps I'll do some tidying. The cleaning women come Tuesday and I'm hosting a meeting here that evening, so there is a great deal to be done before then.
- What is the last thing you ate?
I guess that would be the biscuits and gravy I had after church. Yum, filling, peppery, completely unhealthy. Homemade biscuits, too.
- Do you love your job?
- When is the last time you showered?
This morning at 7:30 a.m.
- Who is the last person you texted?
Probably Beast Friday night on my way home from my meeting.
- When is the last time you were in a hospital?
December 24, when Sparky & I picked Beast up after his surgery the previous day.
- The last time you went out to eat, what did you order?
That would be those biscuits and gravy. What--you think I made homemade biscuits and sausage gravy for myself!?
- Do you tend to have a lot of those moments where you forget something that you wanted to say?
- How long have you known the last person you text messaged?
Beast and I met in the fall of 1982 when he was in my dorm room harassing my roommate, with whom he was taking chemistry.
- Will this week be a good one?
Anything's possible. I don't foresee any horrors.
- Anything happen to you within the past month that made you really happy?
Quite a few things. Sparky's general behavior, at least that which he's shared with us, has been exemplary on an "attaboy" level, work has been pretty good, and our vacation plans (thrown together in less than 5 hours from suggestion to plan to purchase) look like a blast.
- Do you prefer to take showers at night or in the morning?
Morning. If I sleep on hair that's even slightly damp, I will look like a scarecrow in the morning.
- Have you been to New York City?
Nope. Someday. Maybe.