Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Sense
  1. How would you describe your sense of direction?
    If I don't know where I am in a general sense, I'm screwed. I mean, when I grew up there were clear, geographical markers for the directions. Here...it's flat and featureless all around. I mean, this time of year, the sun and moon don't even really rise in the east; it's more like ESE, so that screws everything else up. smh I gotta get back to mountains...
  2. Whose sense of humor is most like yours?
    I don't think anyone gets my weirdness completely. Even I don't get why I'm laughing sometimes. Beast probably is closest to the same wavelength, and T at work. And Amy.
  3. What film’s or novel’s sense of place really impressed you?
    If you haven't read Kent Haruf's books about Holt, Colorado, then you haven't read a book that is place-contingent. That town is seriously REAL. Also, the Laura Ingalls Wilder books--her descriptions of the prairies is stunning and skillful. Oh, and another is Wuthering Heights--Emily got the moors down solidly....brrrr. Nevada Barr's books are good at this aspect of writing too.
  4. When did you most recently and accurately sense danger?
    I nearly plowed into someone tonight driving to a meeting. Stupid, totally my fault, inattentiveness. Weirdly, I didn't really freak out about it in the "DANGER DANGER" sense, just pulled away no harm - no foul. The last time I felt like I was unsafe was, frankly, last Sunday when I was frantically calling people from my meetings to talk me down from yet another cliff-of-my-own-making.
  5. How would you describe the scent of your car’s interior?
    It smells like me and leather: perfume, french fries, BO, lotion, books, and leather.

2 sweet-talkers :

Zippi Kit said...

Oh did Emile B. really got those moors nailed down. I'm not spelling that last name because there's no hope in Hades to get an accent accue on a teensy keyboard.
Great, fun answers. Well, not the part about being on a cliff. That was scary. And the almost car accident..and the BO in the car.. hmmm? *thinks about it* Anyway (!) Thanks for the cheermeup! So grateful.

Cat. said...

Hah, I knew the BO would hang people up. I just mean it smells like me, so I don't really notice that. Beast's car smells like him, and not in a bad way, just Beast-ish.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

(Comment moderation is getting tighter. Sorry, peeps)

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.