Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge

(Link in meme-roll)

1. Something on your October calendar that makes you smile?
I'm going on vacation!! Two weeks doing whatever the heck we want! We're renting a small(ish) RV and driving through the Ozarks and just hanging out. I need to get the hell out of here, even before the shit hit the fan last week. And I haven't really left town for more than part of a day since January. This is ridiculous!
2. Food for the soul or music for the soul...which camp are you in? Tell us why.
Yes. I need music on a regular basis or my soul hurts. And I do love food. A lots.
3. What are two or three things you've learned recently as the result of an online search?
1) That I'm a bully (because I asked Facebook to remove a photo from someone's Facebook page because it didn't belong to the person posting it). 2) That, holy cannoli!, my entire life is online, but thankfully NOT connected to any of my blogs. 3) That Jimmy Kimmel has a hilarious bit on his show where famous people read tweets about themselves.
4. Share your favorite game day recipe. You can describe it, post the how-to, or add a link to the actual recipe.
I don't make special food for game days, except for Thanksgiving of course. It's all about the burgers and brats, if we do anything at all.
5. What are your five essential steps for creating the perfect morning routine?
1) Setting my alarm for the right time. 2) Not oversleeping on a day I need to be up at a specific time. 3) Having an idea when I get to the closet about what I'm going to be wearing. 4) No tripping, dropping stuff, whacking assorted body parts on door jambs / cabinets / furniture in the bedroom / bathroom. 5) Remembering all the "little" things: deodorant, lotion, perfume, earrings, matched shoes (and socks in the winter), clean glasses, meds....
6. What small thing have you taken note of today?
I'm very appreciative of all my great-nephews and their parents--my Wall o' Kids is all updated as of today with all six boys. There are no girls yet, but these kidlets are awesome!! I'll get a picture tomorrow and post it one of these days.
7. Sum up your September in seven words or less.
Hot, weird, busy, crazy, learning curves everywhere.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
People who assault and badger and harass people from the safety of their computers are evil. They are the Great Evil of the modern age. It is emphatically NOT ok to treat people like they matter less than you in the big world, and it is NOT ok to create the center of the universe around yourself at the expense of other people's freedom and peace of mind. It's NOT ok to impose your worldview on others when your worldview comes from a place of Crazy.

2 sweet-talkers :

Joyce said...

I agree about people using the Internet to harass and bully. There are so many great things about social media, but there's also a lot that goes on that makes you want to drop off the radar. Have a fabulous vacation!

Kwizgiver said...

Two weeks of vacation time sounds like fun!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.