Friday, June 26, 2015

More from Amy

(This Amy)
  1. Have you ever been admitted to hospital?
    Yes. Aside from being born, which I wouldn't really call "admission," I've been on the rolls as a patient three times: childbirth, abdominal surgery, and parathyroid surgery. I suppose, since I go to the hospital for lab tests regularly, those could count too. Oh, hey: I spent last Saturday night sleeping in the hospital too! Sleep study. Freaky-weird.
  2. Have you ever had any brushes with the law?
    I've gotten one speeding ticket and have been involved in three accidents in my life, one of which resulted in a ticket. Otherwise, my mom worked for the county court, so whenever I visited her at work, I saw cops, and once barely avoided a (legit) ticket because the cop that stopped me knew Mom. [I did not ask to be excused; I really should have gotten cited--it was a stupid, stupid mistake and could have been fatal. The cop was practically spitting in anger.] And I see cops fairly regularly at work because of situations that arise there. I also had to go with Mom at least once when she was subbing for a bail bondsperson...yay sitting in chairs outside the county lockup while she did paperwork. I was about 7.
  3. Can you solve Sudoko puzzles?
    Yes, yes I can. Very relaxing, and I like the electronic version(s) best.
  4. What's the most unusual conversation you've ever had?
    There are the weird conversations that develop with close friends and family that involve giggle fits. Then there are the truly bizarre and often a little terrifying conversations with crazy people at work. I had a hilarious, giggle-inducing conversation with a patron yesterday that was incomprehensible and impossible to explain except that it included goofball offspring, lemurs, the children's librarian's situation at storytime on Tuesday, helicopter parents, Morgan Freeman, and early-onset forgetfulness. The woman's daughter thought we were insane--and then she started giggling too, while made me nearly cry with laughter. Good times.
  5. Do you prefer liquid soap or bars of soap?
    I don't think we have a single bar of soap in the house except the stuff Beast brings home from hotels that goes into Christmas Child boxes. Which I need to start sorting out.
  6. How do you have your eggs?
    The edible version? If so, scrambled soft with LOTS of salt. Or over easy with lots of lightly toasted and buttered wheat bread. Can you tell I eat in diners a lot? I know how to order. If not edible...my eggs are all gone, probably via medical incinerator.
  7. Do you often read your horoscope?
    If it's the only thing in front of me, I'll read it. And then, invariably, snort. I used to create star charts for people back in the day, but I mostly liked it for the methodical, mathematical graphing functions. The "meanings" are ridiculous. Except, I do have a bit of a scorpion sting sometimes....
  8. Have you ever had a proper Tarot reading?
    It would be interesting. I've always wanted to go in to someplace like that and flat out lie and see if they caught me.
  9. What's the ultimate cake topping?
    Lots and lots of butter-and-powdered sugar frosting. Like, LOTS of it.
  10. Do you suck or bite lollipops?
    Suck till small, then chew up the last bit. But I hardly ever eat hard candy like that anymore. It happens when people's teeth get old....I used to chew on ice too, but that has fallen away as well.
  11. Do you prefer to wash in the mornings or evenings?
    Wash what? I wash my face morning and bedtime. I shower in the mornings (or really anytime as long as I've got a few hours before sleep so my hair can dry). I bathe--when I have time for a soak--before bed. I do laundry....whenever it needs doing. I wash dishes when they need washing. I wash my car in the mornings, preferably. This is a weird question.
  12. Have you ever danced in the rain?
    I used to love to play in the rain as a kid. Then I got glasses. It's just not fun to wear glasses in the rain.
  13. Have you ever sworn at an authority figure?
    In anger? As in "F off you motherf'ing f'tard!"? No. I was in a rather, uhm, tense discussion with my boss yesterday during which I used the word "bullshit" multiple times, but I wasn't exactly saying it TO him. The phrase I recall repeating was "I don't like hearing that kind of bullshit when...." But I don't remember EVER absolutely going off, straight up, on ANY authority figure since that one day in 1983 when Mom & I got into it over her lunch break from work. I tend to manage to keep hold of the shreds of sanity enough to know it's a bad idea to terminally infuriate the people who can fuck you over with a simply finger-snap.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.