Saturday, April 4, 2015

Book Book Book

(Swiped from Kwizgiver, who found it at Bookmammal)
  1. Do you have a specific place for reading?
  2. Only everywhere: on the couch, in bed, in the bathroom, in the car (audiobooks), in the bathtub, on the porch.
  3. Book mark or random piece of paper?
  4. Random.
  5. Can you just stop anywhere in a book or do you have to stop at the end of a chapter?
  6. I've learned to stop anywhere, but I'll admit that I prefer to stop at a break though not at a chapter since those tend toward cliffhangers.
  7. Do you eat or drink when reading?
  8. Yes.
  9. Music or TV on when reading?
  10. Nope. Silence. Or at least only ambient noise.
  11. One book at a time or several?
  12. I've currently got 7 going.
  13. Reading at home or elsewhere?
  14. I read EVERYwhere.
  15. Read out loud or silently?
  16. I enjoy reading out loud, but the opportunities for that are pretty limited.
  17. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
  18. Not very often. However, I do occasionally forget what I've read only pages previously, usually when I'm tired or stressed.
  19. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
  20. Break em!! My books all look like hell. I write in 'em, fold pages, etc.
  21. Do you write in your books?
  22. Oops. Yes, sometimes. Not novels, usually, but nonfiction, yeah.
  23. Do you read during breakfast?
  24. Only my laptop, but I have done books.
  25. How many hours a day would you say you read?
  26. Not enough. Maybe 2 on a normal day. Up to 8-10 if I'm lucky and on vacation.
  27. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago?
  28. Probably a little less.
  29. Do you consider yourself a speed reader?
  30. I read fast, but I wouldn't call it speed reading.
  31. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go?
  32. Yeah, I do now. I have at least one going on my phone and/or my Nook at all times.
  33. How old were you when you got your first library card?
  34. Six. You had to be six. When I worked there 10 years later, they still had the application on file.
  35. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection? (Oldest physical copy? Longest in the collection? Oldest copyright?)
  36. I have some of my parents' books from the early part of the 20th century. I have my Milne from when I turned 6--what's up with that age? I don't know which book's copyright is the oldest. No clue at all.
  37. Do you read in bed?
  38. Yes. Every night at least briefly. Often for hours. Hello insomnia.
  39. Do you write in your books?
  40. Didn't we cover this already?
  41. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be?
  42. Read what you enjoy, never let other people tell you that you have bad taste, try to find something good about everything you read, but don't knock yourself out if you can't find much.
  43. Who are you tagging?
  44. Whoever wants to do this can certainly do so.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.