Monday, July 14, 2014

Curious as a Cat

(Link in meme-roll)

1) Do you prefer sunrise or sunset?
I like sunrise. It tends to be quieter and cooler and prettier. Not that I'm up to see the sun rise very often these days!
2) What do you think is the meaning of "He laughs best who laughs last"?
Don't be too quick to think the joke is on someone else; it may very well be on you.
3) Finish this sentence: "I can't stand being around people who_________?"
...are negative, gossipy, bitchy and clique-y. So, yeah, hanging with the other moms while Sparky was in school wasn't very common at all.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.

Public Domain Photo
I love old bricks. Growing up, Dad had used old bricks to build two large planters on either side of the front porch steps. Mom put petunias in them every summer. Mostly she took care of them too, but I often was delegated to watering duty. There were always a lot of those bricks laying around our yard; Dad had had to disassemble the incinerator when I was very little because burning garbage was banned; because he was my dad, part of the Greatest Generation, raised in the depths of the Depression, he saved them. We used them for building forts and redoubts for the army men and the Matchbox cars, or to write on the sidewalk with instead of chalk.

By the way, these were solid (i.e. no holes), narrow bricks, not modern house bricks. I can't find a photo of what they looked like, but as I recall they were perhaps 1.5" thick and maybe 2.5" wide and 9-10" long.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.