Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The 20Q Meme

1. When you buy a greetings [sic] card are the words or the picture more important to you?
Words. Often it's a two-fer situation, however. [I'm amused that this is starting out as a Brit-meme]
2. What's your favorite kind of cake?
Yes. lol OK, I prefer white cake and frosting, lots of frosting.
3. Do you ever make gifts for people, if so what, or do you buy them?
I mostly buy things. Crafts are not my thing.
4. You are chosen to have lunch with the President. The condition is you only get to ask one question. What do you ask?
This is going to be a long, and quiet, lunch if I can only ask one question. I'd probably blow it with "How are you today?" What I really want to know, however, is what he thinks of a Hillary/Michelle (or vice versa) ticket for 2016.
5. Which do you dislike most: pop-up ads or spam email?
Pop-ups. Though, since those have been effectively blocked on my computers and I still get the occasional spam email in various accounts...maybe spam. I just don't understand how spammers make money--who clicks on these things??
6. What was the best party you've ever been to?
Wow. Uh, there've been some really awesome staff Christmas parties in the past: which white elephant sucks the most? But I'm sort of partial to Beast's surprise party for finishing grad school. He was totally gobsmacked when he arrived--and it was our pastor at the time who kept him out of our house while things were set up.
7. Which is worse, being in a place that is too loud, or too quiet?
Too loud.
8. You are offered an envelope that you know contains $50. You are then told that you may either keep it or exchange it for another envelope that may contain $500 or may be empty. Do you keep the first envelope, or do you take your chances with the second?
Go big or go home: I'll be trading. After all, I'm no worse off than I was to start if the second envelope is empty.
9. Do you wish cellphone etiquette was a required class upon purchasing one?
Good God, I just wish people had common sense. While on vacation, I stopped in the bathroom of a restaurant as we were leaving. A woman who had been seated nearby came in a few minutes later on her cell phone WHICH WAS ON SPEAKER! So I rattled the TP holder good and loud, flushed (twice), fumbled loudly the stall door, banged on the paper towel holder. Really, people. Phone calls in the bathroom are NOT . OK.
On the up side, this hasn't happened to me in quite a long time so most people seem to have figured this out. I wonder if this is ever an issue in men's rooms?
10. What's the most messed up food combination that you've had that was actually good?
Uhm. If it tastes good I don't consider it messed up. But getting past the messed-up concept can be a stumbling-block. I don't often feel adventuresome.
11. What's one of your most random pet peeves (something that annoys you)?
Aside from phone calls in public restrooms? hah Slackers. I work with one. She really needs a boot up her ass that will loft her out the door, permanently. Such a freakin' waste of space, air, and salary.
12. When is the last time you had home cooking?
I made chili on Friday. Last of the season. It's quite spicy--chorizo FTW.
13. If you could be a fictional character from a book who would you choose?
Nancy Drew of course.
14. If you could be in a television sit-com, which would you choose?
For various reasons, Gilligan's Island is appealing today. I'd prefer to live on the "other side of the island" though, if at all possible. Maybe me and the Professor could share accommodations....
15. If you could be any animal or creature for one day, what would it be?
Wolf.
16. What's your favorite girl's name?
Jo.
17. What's your favorite boy's name?
David.
18. What's your supermarket of choice?
Meijer. Though I'm a new fan of Peapod, too.
19. If you were to attend a costume party tonight, what or whom would you go as?
Myself, thankyouverymuch. I don't really 'do' costumes anymore.
20. What is your concession stand must-have at the movies?
SweetTarts or Skittles. Well, and a drink.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.