Saturday, February 1, 2014

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
I Gotta Feeling
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) What would make tonight a good, good night?
Sleep. Everyone I know who has been sick or struggling this week magically recovering completely. Talking to Sparky.
2) In the song, he sings that he's got money and wants to "spend it up." How much cash is in your wallet right now?
I would guesstimate there's about $200 in there, give or take.
3) The lyrics include "mazel tov," which means good luck or congratulations. What other Hebrew/Yiddish phrases do you know?
"Mensch", "schlemiel" (and of course "schlimazel"), "putz", "yenta", "chutzpah", "goy", "blintz", "daven", "glitch", " meshuga", "bagel", "schlep" and so on...I used to live in a neighborhood where Yiddish words were used quite often. I miss hearing them where I live now. Hebrew, now, I could literally go on for awhile about that, but let's just say I've read a lot about the etymology of lots of Old Testament words
4) The colorfully named Black Eyed Peas include Fergie (born Stacey Ferguson) and will.i.am (William Adams) and Taboo (Jaime Gomez). If you could choose a stage name, what would it be?
I wouldn't since I never intend to be onstage for any reason.
5) This song was crazy popular in Canada, debuting at #2 on the charts. Have you ever visited our neighbor to the north?
I have. Ontario was nice. The wilds of Quebec were...unexpected.
6) When's the last time you laughed really hard?
Yesterday at this photo:
A friend posted it on Facebook and I literally laughed for five minutes.
7) Who received the last text you sent?
Sparky.
8) Which sounds like more fun -- skiing or skating?
Neither, frankly. Too much likelihood for self-injury either way. All us native Coloradoans grew up saying "Skiing is for tourists" because lift tickets were so outrageous even back then. And skating...my ankles....just no.
9) Thinking of sports, are you looking forward to The Super Bowl?
I am, but it's going to be weird. I work till 4, then we have a meeting from 6-8, so we'll see about 15 minutes of the first half and have to watch the rest on DVR when we get home. GO BRONCOS!!!

2 sweet-talkers :

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Absolutely hilarious Bob something or other take off! hahahaha

yesssss, Go Broncos! Actually I'm getting excited again thinking someone will clean Seattle's thuggy little clock.

The Gal Herself said...

Reading the Yiddish answers has made me smile all day.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.