Monday, August 26, 2013

Curious as a Cat

(Link in meme-roll)

1) What specific thing have you done that impressed yourself?
Well, so far I haven't killed anyone. I am learning patience, which is startling. I've raised a pretty cool son who shows no likelihood towards a life of crime or otherwise doing anything stupid with far-reaching negative consequences. I've been married for 27 years... That enough?
2) Tell about a family saying that no one outside your family knows? Where did it come from?
There is that whole story around the naming of (simplified) our house in the mountains. The whole family was sitting in my parents' living room tossing out ideas. At some point someone got a dictionary and eventually everyone got punchy; someone tossed out "Minotaur: half man, half bull" and the room erupted in laughter. I thought it was awesome that an off-color joke got that kind of reaction in front of my parents (I was 11 or 12), my mom put on her I Very Much Disapprove Face, and the name stuck. You absolutely had to be there to get why this was epic; it sounds ridiculous.
Then there's my nephew's teenaged comment from the back seat of the car a couple of decades ago: "This family is so pathetic." This was said in such a tone of deep dismay and heartfelt disgust that it's still trotted out whenever someone does something really stupid. Pretty sure he still feels this way about his family now at times, too, even when he's participating in the stupid.
3) Is the glass half empty or half full? And by the way, what is in the glass?
Tonight, right now, it's half empty. Generally, however, I'm a half-full kind of person. If there's anything in the glass right now, though, I'm pretty sure it's shit.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Photo © Cat. 2012
I took this on Pier 39 in San Francisco last fall. It cracked me up and reminded me of a friend who is an RPG-er.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.