Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

(Link in meme-roll)

1. Summertime is a season of reunions, weddings, and other family celebrations and gatherings...are any of the above on your calendar in the next two months?
Nope. Three of my friends or family members are having babies in the next couple of months though. My sister will be here when her daughter's baby is born in late July. My overseas brother-in-law is coming for a visit in late September, at which time my sister will be back here and the new baby will be baptized. That's the big excitement this summer. Whee.
2. June is National Iced Tea Month...are you an iced tea drinker? If so, how do you like yours (sweet, flavored, etc)?
I will drink it sometimes, but I don't like it that much. I drink it straight-no-sugar, over ice if necessary, and tasting of, uhm, tea.
3. When were you last nervous? Looking back, was the 'event' actually nerve-worthy?
I'm not sure when I was nervous last. I get twitchy occasionally when Beast exhibits behaviors like those he spent nearly two years working out, but he's been ok lately. The reason for my twitching is that I don't know what I'm going to get in trouble for doing/saying/being when he's crashing. Otherwise, I can't think of anything nervous-making. After the past couple of years, it would take something major for me to be very bothered by anything short of speaking in front of several hundred people.
4. The bristle toothbrush was invented in China on June 26, 1498...not sure how that date was pinned down so precisely but...on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being sick to your stomach and 1 being not at all, how nervous do you feel when you're headed to the dentist? Do you see your dentist twice a year?
I try to get in twice a year, and since my dentist looks like a young, not-quite-so-tan George Hamilton, I don't mind much. He's also super nice and bends over backwards in emergency situations. All this is not to say I love going to the dentist, but I've had enough worse experiences that the occasional filling/crown/root canal isn't anything to get wired up for.
5. What's making news in your town this week?
The weather sucks. In my immediate neighborhood, we are ramping up to the Fireworks Day. Lots of pre-holiday popping going on. And then the usual random weirdness that any small town experiences every week. In the bigger area, there's some sports ya-ya going on, but nothing I have any interest in at all.
6. Curtains, drapes, blinds...your window treatment of choice? Are there any bare windows in your house? Is that by choice or because you haven't gotten around to covering them?
I don't like big heavy curtains; they are just plain dust-catchers. We have blinds on most of the windows on the main floor. and washable curtains on the rest of the windows in the house. No bare windows anymore at all, but the front blinds aren't exactly opaque.
7. Summertime is officially here (in the Northern hemisphere anyway)...what one song is a must-have on your summer playlist?
I don't think I have a "summer playlist." I like loud songs if I'm driving long-distances, preferably happy music, and not so much heavy rock, unless it's Melissa Etheridge.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm not sure I'm going to be able to sleep again tonight. I'm really irritated about something I can't do anything about till tomorrow, but I'm afraid I'm going to stew about it in my dreams at least. Last night was a rough night too, though I did eventually get about 8 hours of sleep...over the course of close to 12 hours from the time I went to bed and the time I got up. First those fireworks went off at about 11 and I was up for an hour then. I got back to sleep for an hour before a thunderstorm woke me up (WITH MY EARPLUGS IN! grrr) so I was awake for an hour after all that stopped. Maybe tonight is a night that means Benadryl at bedtime. Bible Study starts at 6:30, so I should probably get going up to bed soon.

1 sweet-talkers :

Joyce said...

I suppose a handsome dentist would make it a little more bearable : ) I hope you slept soundly!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.