Saturday, May 18, 2013

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday Six

1. How many different blogging platforms (i.e., Blogger, WordPress, Tumblr, etc.) have you used since you started blogging?
I have accounts on Blogger, WordPress, LiveJournal, and probably another two or three platforms, but I mostly use Blogger. It's easy to write, it's fairly simple to manipulate (or it used to be--it's gotten less friendly in the past few years), and it's comfortable. WordPress is too complicated for me, LiveJournal didn't have any layouts I liked when I was seriously shopping, and the others are mostly defunct. Never could figure out the point of Tumblr.
2. What's the biggest reason you chose the platform you're currently on?
See above. I considered moving things about 4 years ago, but it was WAY too much effort for something that's supposed to be fun as far as I'm concerned.
3. What do you like most about your current blog?
I have, like, 6 functional blogs, but overall what I like is how easy it is to change the layout and add/delete widgets.
4. How confident are you in your ability make changes to the code of your site (i.e., HTML or CSS) if you wanted to make a design or functionality adjustment?
I was more confident about 5 years ago. Google has made it more complicated in order to increase the ease of use for people who want to plug and play. But the basic coding I can do for design adjustments.
5. What would you most like to change about your current blogging platform?
Google killed off the auto-fill function for titles and labels, which continues to annoy me to this day. I send in a request for it periodically, but after this many years I'm not real hopeful. It would be fabulous if I could change the access to specific posts rather than the whole blog, too; sometimes I'd like to rant on about a very specific situation that I don't want people to see at the point I'm ranting. I'd also like more access to minor font and spacing changes.
6. What blogging-related topic would you most like to see discussed?
I don't participate in any blogging forums. The blogging I do is purely for fun, to get my writing ya-yas out, to relax, and in some cases, to keep track of what I've been up to in my life; ergo, I can't think of a single topic of interest beyond pure tech stuff. By that I meant, answering questions like "how to add a [specific kind of thing] to my blog."

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.