Friday, February 1, 2013

RevGals Friday Five

(Link in meme-roll)
Almost Groundhog Day Edition

1. The Holiday: On a scale of 1-5 (with 1 representing, "Hey! Stop hating on the most awesome season ever!" and 5 representing, "Green. NOW."), how much are you hankering for spring? And what is, to you, a true sign that it is actually on its way?
I'm about 3. By the middle of February, I'm usually ready for warmer weather, but I'm not quite there yet, possibly because I've had two "warmth breaks" this winter--November to San Francisco where the weather was delightful, and last weekend to Vegas where the weather frankly sucked, but it was a little warmer than home at least. And it's quite sunny (if frigid) outside today.
2. The Film: Seen it? If yes, Love it? Hate it? Meh?
We saw it when it was originally released, the first movie we saw after Sparky's arrival. Now, there is a whole other layer of weird in our lives that revolves around that movie, which we had no way of knowing about when we chose that movie in the spring of 1993.
3. The Meaning: If you could relive one day of your life, what one would it be?
It would probably be a summer day from my childhood, maybe age 8 or 9.
4. The Meaning, Part 2: If you had to relive one day of your life over and over until you got something right (a la the Bill Murray character in the film), what day would that be?
Maybe the period of time after we moved to this area when Sparky was just under a year and half. There was a lot of family drama going on, and I didn't handle things well in general, which then led to guilt, and I'm sure that all the stress of that period contributed to several of the health problems I had in the 90s, and possibly some things I'm still dealing with. Sometimes it amazes me that Sparky didn't turn out worse, and that Beast hung in there with me through that period.
5. The Meaning, Part 3: If you had to design a life-changing experience for a fairly despicable human being (as is, for example, the Bill Murray character at the film's start), what would it be? How, given all sorts of unlikely powers to bend time and take control of another person's personal growth, would you do it?
Last question first: I wouldn't do this. Who am I to decide that someone needs ME to teach them a lesson?? Having said that, the imaginary lessons I would like to pound into people are legion. One of the women, J, at my workplace is so completely self-oriented--and has been for so many decades--that she's probably well past the point of change, but it would be fun to get the entire staff behind calling her on her shit every time she pulls something; however, it would also be bloody exhausting! Yesterday's Stupid J Trick was pulling into the parking lot to see her waving me into a space, pretending I couldn't manage to handle that difficult task with snow on the ground (mind you, she's about 15 years older than me, but I've actually driven for more years than she has). Then, as I struggled out of the car with my giant McDonald's diet Coke, 25 books in a bag from the book drop near my house, and breakfast, she walks in the building without holding the door or even propping it open! I was, literally, 20 feet behind her when the door shut. Having forgotten to grab the building key, I had to schlep back to the car, set everything down while I fished out my car keys, get the other keys, relock the car doors, pick up all the stuff again, carry it to the door to the library, set it down again, unlock and prop the door, and FINALLY get in the door--all of this at a wind-chill environment of about -10F. Granted, had she not been there, I'd've had to do all this anyway, but she literally NEVER holds the door unless you specifically ask her to. So, yeah, having her relive days like that endlessly would be pretty awesome....

2 sweet-talkers :

Wendy said...

Bet it was fun to get that story out there!! Wow! Great story!

Stratoz said...

May we all be greeted in the morning with smiles and a helpful hand. Peave and Hope

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.