Thursday, November 15, 2012

Birthday Meme (a little late)

(Swiped from Kwizgiver)

1. as you get older, are you jazzed about your birthday?
Well, not jazzed exactly. I enjoy my birthday, but it's not like when I was 10 or 16 or whatever. And this year--I realized at some point--I didn't even have cake. Not that I'm complaining, not at all. Better than cake.
2. do people usually remember your birthday?
My family and close friends do. One of my coworkers has a daughter who shares my birthday so she usually remembers, as does my pastor, since his birthday is the day before mine. That's enough for me.
3. an ex-coworker used to begin 3 mos. before her birthday flat-out reminding us that it was coming up. it's amazing what no self-esteem does for you. anyway, do you know anyone who pre-announces their birthdays?
I used to do this, I think. I try very hard NOT to do it anymore, and certainly NOT with intent to get goodies from the reminders.
4. what was your best birthday? why?
This one was pretty awesome. Sixteen was good too. There've been some other good ones. Like 21. Made good memories on all of those.
5. what was your worst birthday? why?
I can't think of any really awful birthdays. Probably, it's a matter of having blocked them out.
6. name your best birthday gift.
I got an awesome pair of cowboy boots one year when I was in high school. Beast always does right by me. This year I got an awesome trip to California and time, just time, with Beasty.
7. name the best birthday gift you've gotten for someone else.
I can't think of anything. I do my best, but sometimes there's just no inspiration for me.
8. as i age, i value SLEEP as a priceless commodity. i didn't get any for my birthday, however. what do you want this year for your birthday?
I got sleep, the sound of surf at night, and fresh seafood.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Love your answers! Glad you had a good birthday.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.