Thursday, February 2, 2012

21 Questions

(Swiped from Show My Face)

How many apples can you balance on your forehead at once?
Apples are too round to balance on my (fairly unflat) face, seeing as how I'm not a cartoon character...lol.
What is the first book you chose to read more than once- not including Dr. Seuss. That's too easy.
I reread all the Little House books as a child, and then again as an adult multiple times.
What tv show have you watched the most episodes of?
What season are we on with CSI? I've seen 'em all. Most of 'em more than just a couple of times, too.
If you were trapped on a desert island, and could have any man--other than [your husband]--there with you, how long before you killed him?
Oh, I would NOT kill him, unless he's useless. I'd definitely make sure we get all the two-people-required jobs done before killing him.
Why are pin cushions shaped like tomatoes with a strawberry? And is it a strawberry or a pepper? There's debate on that, here.
Hmm, well, I learned something. I think I knew about the emery in the strawberry, but I just figured silver stood out against red and green. Never really thought about it. I don't actually own a pincushion; my pins are in their original (now 26-year-old) plastic boxes.
How would you fill in the blank: "I like my coffee like I like my _____."?
"...cleaning solvents." As in, I like the smell, but wouldn't drink the stuff.
What is your secret method for keeping cut flowers alive?
Buy them fresh, cut them under running water and get them into a water-filled vase quickly.
What do monkeys and mammoths have in common?
They're hairy. They are, I think, mammals. And if humans have their way, they'll all be extinct someday.
If one of them had to disappear, PBS or NPR?
I could easily live without PBS these days. I actually do live without PBS; can't recall the last time I watched anything on it. I listen to NPR whenever I feel like I should know what's going on in the world.
How often do you turn your camera horizontally when doing art photography?
I use my camera horizontally (i.e., landscape) at least 85% of the time. I frequently forget I can do the other.
Should leather jackets be pink or teal?
No. Though I have a small one that has white leather sleeves and orange and black felting on the body. So sweet on Sparky 16 years ago....
Should shirts have words printed on them?
I think that horse has been out of the barn for far too long to debate it at this point.
What's the worst thing (you're going to have to work hard on this one) about not being in an office setting anymore?
Well, I'll just pretend I'm not. The worst thing would be not leaving the house, not talking to people, and (worst case) having nothing productive to do all day.
Mechanical or wood?
Mechanical for all but the most rudimentary tasks.
What's the best pickup line you've ever used?
I haven't ever, intentionally, used a pickup line. But there was that guy, in Olive Garden, who was the recipient of a long series of unintentional double-entendres, none of which I can remember, but I'm sure Amy can....shudder
Kathy Griffin- with or without bangs?
Bangs are immaterial; long as she has a mic and some material. I prefer her prior-to-plastic-surgery face, though.
What kind of accents do accent walls have?
British. Or maybe Finnish.
When are rose petals "too much"?
When they are no longer attached to the flower.
What is too old for long hair? For dudes, specifically.
Listen, if a guy can carry it off, and hasn't completely lost all the hair on top, and can keep it clean and nice, then go for it.
When is the last time you were pleased with a candid photo of yourself?
I'm not unpleased with some of those taken at Sparky's grad party this summer.
What's the best time of day to stop drinking?
About an hour before bedtime so you aren't awake all night in the bathroom.

1 sweet-talkers :

Call Me Cate said...

Now I've learned something too about the pincushion. Very interesting! I love that kind of trivia (not that I took the time to look it up myself!).

Love your coffee vs cleaning solvents answer. I spent a lot of time enjoying the smell of coffee before finally learning to enjoy drinking it.

So fun that you decided to answer these too! Thanks for sharing your answers. Sorry it took me so long to get back and comment!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.