Monday, December 26, 2011

Curious as a Cat

(Link in meme-roll)

1) Would you prefer to have your own swimming pool or your own airplane? Why?
Seeing as how I can't swim, I'll go with airplane. I know someone who's a small-craft pilot--come to think of it, I know several airline pilots as well--so I think I'd be ready to travel in a heartbeat. We're less than 10 minutes from a small airport, too.
2) Which items in your house do you think will bring in the most money at an antique store in a century?
Huh. Assuming they don't get broken, I'd bet on the small Roseville vase of my mom's and perhaps some of the furniture and/or s&p's. Nothing of ours, per se, just the stuff we've inherited. I don't buy stuff as an investment; I buy it cuz I like it. It would be weird if the motley collection of books I have will be worth anything in 100 years, though.
3) Do you shop around when you look for clothes or do you buy the first thing you like?
I hate shopping (have I mentioned that?), so if I find something that's at least in the right ballpark, playing something that looks like the right game, I buy it. This often leads to me buying stuff that I wear once and realize is all wrong, but I rarely pay much for things, so....
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
Lots of good presents yesterday. Great Christmas day in that way, and in every other. Boxing Day...not as great.

2 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I'm afraid books in the 22nd century will be like 8 tracks are today...

Cat. said...

Could be. I'm more inclined to think that in the future, mass-produced books will be a thing of the past, but good books, one of a kind books, will be the illuminated manuscripts of the day.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.