Monday, September 5, 2011

Curious as a Cat

(Link in meme-roll)

1) In the middle of the night, you get an urgent call from your best friend in 3rd grade. You haven’t talked to him or her in years. Something terrible has happened. What is it and why is he/she calling you?
I can't actually remember who my best friend in 3rd grade was. I was one of those kids who floated between two different grades, so I had friends my age and friends a year older. It was complicated. So, based on the fact that I can't remember my buddies' names, I have to assume that something awful has happened to our school buildings or town. Why she'd call me in the middle of the night to tell me this is beyond me, though.
2) If you were designing the human body, would you stick with red blood or would you go with a flashier or at least different color?
It would be sorta need if it glowed. Or sparkled. But I'm ok with sticking with red. Guess I'm sort of a traditionalist.
3) What's your best method for getting someone's attention?
Whisper. Remember that commercial?
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
Normally I'd be all excited about this photo, but I'm really not looking forward to work tomorrow. We have a new staff person starting, another staff member gave her notice last Friday, a group from our Sister City in Mexico is visiting at the end of the week (which means manic cleaning not to mention Panic Stations for some people), the boss is just going to be ridiculously annoying because of most of these things... All of which means I will get interrupted constantly from doing my actual work. I'm just not excited about any of these things.

I did start a really good book today, the latest by Pronzini, and I'm about halfway through. I've missed some stuff, so it looks like I'm headed back to catch up after this one.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.