Monday, August 15, 2011

Curious as a Cat

(Link in meme-roll)

1) What if George Washington were running for president today? Write his Twitter announcement (140 characters or fewer). It can be serious, humorous, or somewhere in between.
I think this actual quote (from 1799) would work right now: "To contract new debts is not the way to pay old ones." I really gotta say, I'm not sure he'd get elected today, and that makes me a bit sad.
2) What is more terrifying to you personally: thunderstorms, blizzards, or hurricanes?
I think of those three, I'd have to say hurricanes, primarily because I've never been in one. Blizzards, real ones, are horrible to be in--nice to watch from indoors, though.
3) What's your ideal home?
Lots of windows, a big kitchen, quiet, well-planned HVAC, and peopled with my dear ones.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
Brrr...in spite of it being August, I'm not ready for winter. In fact, the past week has been cooler than normal for August; we haven't had a lot of that dismal humid-plus-ungodly-high-temperatures this summer, so there hasn't been that craving for snow that usually hits about now. I'm sure temps will spike about the time school starts around here so that the kids can suffer while they're in class.
Also, the word "gazebo" always makes me smile: my brother-in-law Reg used to kiddingly tell me it was pronounced "GAYZ-ee-bow" which is just a lot more fun to say anyway, and since it may be pretty much a made-up word...we can do what we want, right?

1 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I'm so not ready for winter either. Once we hit Labor Day it'll be Turkey Day in a week...

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.